Rescued a 7 inch pleco today

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
I just noticed something I was wrong on ID it is actually P. joselimaianus the gold spot common pleco, I'm not sure why I didn't notice it I've got a 12" one named Waldo. He just looks a little stressed. What are you feeding him? Also does he have somewhere dim to hide?

Thanks again for confirming! I have bottom feeder pellets which I do not think it's touched. I don't have anywhere for it to hide. It's far to large for any pvc pipes I have. For this guy not eating he's still pooping like a mofo. Ha. Your pleco looks nice. I'll try some veggies tomorrow maybe that will pick it's energy up.

Here is mine eating his favorite food cucumberView attachment 1293775

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
you forgot to say something
Wait did this message go thru? Seems like it got out along your quote statement.

>>>>>
Thanks again for confirming! I have bottom feeder pellets which I do not think it's touched. I don't have anywhere for it to hide. It's far to large for any pvc pipes I have. For this guy not eating he's still pooping like a mofo. Ha. Your pleco looks nice. I'll try some veggies tomorrow maybe that will pick it's energy up.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
yeah mine absolutely loves cucumbers and they are cheap too. You could take 2 pvc pipes and put a piece of slate over it or even some driftwood just so he can get under it a little

Reactions: Irecruitfish

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I came up with an idea for a cheap hide that involves 2 pieces of pvc, a plastic canvas sheet, and some fishing line. I'm building it now I'll take pictures and let you know how they like it. It would be a cheap option for you allowing you to use the existing pvc you have that is too small for him

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
It's not a P. joselimaianus. Your first guess was correct. P. joselimaianus have short wavy lines. Commons have longer lines(as seen in his last picture)
I can see that now I think the stress colors were throwing me off. Also the top edge of the tail has the brighter yellow coloring like my gold spot

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store