Office version 3.0

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Looking good. Have you ever attempted an tree root/stump backgrounds? Like something you would see coming off of river bank? I think something like that would look good in an African river themed tank.
That's like mine. I have more of a hard time with the rock and "dirt". The one I just did for my 180 I wanted to do roots breaking through rock but couldnt get the rock look down.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Kind'a funny you guys mentioned a root/stump type background because I actually was about to try that for one of these tanks then changed my mind at the last minute. I started thinking that doing a stump type one might end up taking up too much floor / lower tank space and since this will have poly's in it I decided against that.

I've been going back & forth for years on setting up a discus tank, if I ever do them then that one would for sure get a root / stump 3d bg :)

Reactions: twentyleagues

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
Had to take a bit of a break while I waited for the new kit of Pond Armor to arrive since I had ran out so I could seal this first background. That showed up today so now have the first of the two BG's sealed. With a little luck I should be able to get it installed for good in the tank and then be able to start adding substrate and plants / wood etc in the next week or so.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
Was able to spend a bit of time on the new dual 120g project the past few days. Background is sealed and installed now, tan PFS washed and in, all live plants in this tank. Decided against dual LED fixtures and went with twin bulb flor's with warm color tone and then added two hanging LED 1000lum spot lights for a more dramatic lighting look for the bichirs. Just have to pick up some java moss I bought from the auction next weekend and attach that to the branches and this first 120 will be ready to move the bichirs over so I can start on the 2nd 120g tanks background.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
Moved the fish into the first 120g 4x2x2 tank this evening. They settled right in and everyone ate with in 5 mins of being moved into their new home so I think they approve. Stock is 2 Delhezi, 3 Geo's, and my polleni/bleekeri. Once my pair of Senegal\s grow out large enough they will go in the tank as well. Drained the other 120g tank and should be able to start the background for that one later in the week.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Amazing....seriously job well done and those backgrounds look fantastic.

Screenshot_20180128-073337.png

(Knock, knock, knock) penny

Reactions: Steve_C
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store