Not Real Cichla Temensis (Buyers Becareful)

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
bassinmike85 bassinmike85 glad it worked out for you as far as customer service in the end they did the right thing but it should never have had to gone to a public forum for them to step up and do the right thing. Once the reputation is put on the e for all to see they then fix it bad business on my part. Goodluck to all.

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
bassinmike85 bassinmike85 glad it worked out for you as far as customer service in the end they did the right thing but it should never have had to gone to a public forum for them to step up and do the right thing. Once the reputation is put on the e for all to see they then fix it bad business on my part. Goodluck to all.
We actually spoke about this before i even saw this post, it has nothing to do with fish politics. i spoke to mike over the phone, i spoke to my boss, i repeated said things to mike, and i added in my two cents, i then was speaking to the owner about rectifying it further and as i was doing so was when i found it on here. If i could go back and fix every issue just because it was posted publically i would but some instances aren't a companies fault and are misconstrued to where other instances like this one with mike were spoken factually and deserve proper and cordial attention. Do i like the thread name? not particularly lol but it is how it is.. if it were true that this was done just because it was posted publically i would have deleted the thread since it was "rectified" but that is not what i am doing what so ever.. any complaints made since ive been here have stayed here. i deal with them as seen fit and is left up to confirm something has been taken care of. And if we are speaking about only dealing about matters made public how am i supposed to fix a previous problem that occurred before i worked here without seeing it first if i didn't hear about it? My job as an employee is extensive, is it normally, no, but i make it that way because i enjoy doing as much as i can. providing the best customer service i can. does it benefit the company yes it does, it benefits anyone i work for, but my concern here is making sure a customer is dealt with in a proper manner so there is no need for the negative commenting whether its towards me or aquascape. if you ever want to talk fish or play some COD I'm always down whether youre a customer or not. and if you have complaints of your own youre more than welcome to start another thread and i'd be more than obliged to help you out or explaining things if i know about the situation.

kooldude

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
east coast
Got to give store credit stood behind their product, what more can you ask, most stores give you store credit not money back. Get you to come back once they got your money.

kooldude

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
east coast
Got to give store credit stood behind their product, what more can you ask, most stores give you store credit not money back. Get you to come back once they got your money.

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Very classy act! Body shape is telling me kelberi with the short face, although markings could pan out to be mono ocellaris kelberi or orino. Best of luck bassinmike85 bassinmike85 keep us updated on what it turns out to be!

Reactions: AquaScape

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Very classy act! Body shape is telling me kelberi with the short face, although markings could pan out to be mono ocellaris kelberi or orino. Best of luck bassinmike85 bassinmike85 keep us updated on what it turns out to be!
i had a few people suggest orino, but I'm still currently waiting for a reply from my shipper as to the exact collection point

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Yeah, this is what I have proposed to Mike, if he wanted to continue this. If he didn't, that'd be totally understandable too. Start an ID thread, explain the reason - to challenge a vendor. Post great pics, vids. Ask ONLY experts to chime in. Present the thread to the vendor. See what happens then. If there is a consensus that these are not temensis, Aquascape will have no option but to rectify their blunder or earn publicly a bad name.

$12 temensis? Wow. I usually see them anywhere 2x-5x more expensive for a baby size.

My experience with Mark Chen of Discus Origins, Wes, Raymond Chan, and others matches yours and my impression of Aquascape too matches yours but I can't go by impressions because they can be misleading. Not always but can be off. So I aim to not jump to conclusions. Speaking for myself, again, of course.

It's hard being a vendor. Ask any vendor or better yet try yourself... even to sell a few fish in the Marketplace forum. 90% Of buyers kick tires, waste your time, want to low ball and get almost everything for next to nothing. 75% Appear to be ready to use any excuse to sponge a free fish off of a vendor. 25% are outright rude. So vendors have their prejudice too.

It's hard being a buyer sometimes too. But if both parties let their conscience and good will toward each other guide them, all these problems are quite surmountable and everyone wins and our hobby wins.

Thanks for that, mate.
Viktor is correct. Everyone wantz the best for the least. I get it, but why risk quality for quantity? It is very upsetting to deal with fellow hobbyists and get the run around and people that waste ur time. Im no one to talk as i have done it to in the past but i do my best not to. Hopefully they will rectify the situation and sort it out. Worse case he sells them off and cuts his losses. I've done it unfortunately too.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store