Black Ghost Knife/Pipa Pipa Frogs Fungus

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
I introduced some wild Pipa Pipa frogs to my aquarium.
One of the frogs has a little white fungus on his back.
I was gonna treat the tank with methyl blue for the fungus then treat with prazipro for wild parasites.
Of course keep up with water changes, etc.

I have anubias, marimo balls, ferns and java moss in the tank also that I dont want to kill.

Anyone have a better plan for me? Thanks in advance mfkers.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I introduced some wild Pipa Pipa frogs to my aquarium.
One of the frogs has a little white fungus on his back.
I was gonna treat the tank with methyl blue for the fungus then treat with prazipro for wild parasites.
Of course keep up with water changes, etc.

I have anubias, marimo balls, ferns and java moss in the tank also that I dont want to kill.

Anyone have a better plan for me? Thanks in advance mfkers.

Could you possibly isolate the Pipa Frog with the fungus in seperate aquarium.

Reactions: amazontank

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Hi bro always good to hear from you!
Do think that is a much better idea to just set up another aquarium and not risk the ghost knifes with methy blue treatment?
I have 4 frogs and the 2 new ones I have have gotten the little fungus so I'm thinking I should treat all the frogs.

Will the prazipro effect the ghost knifes? I'm feeling I should treat all my fishes for parasites after finding out the pipa frogs are all wild cought specimens.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi bro always good to hear from you!
Do think that is a much better idea to just set up another aquarium and not risk the ghost knifes with methy blue treatment?
I have 4 frogs and the 2 new ones I have have gotten the little fungus so I'm thinking I should treat all the frogs.

Will the prazipro effect the ghost knifes? I'm feeling I should treat all my fishes for parasites after finding out the pipa frogs are all wild cought specimens.

Tbh never used Prazipro but have treated a BGK with fungus with a little aquarium salt. I agree with treating for the parasites.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store