Proper Lighting

Ariel_Saxon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2017
I have a planted 15 gallon tall freshwater aquarium. What is recommended lighting wise that would be efficient and inexpensive for my tank? This is my upgrade so nothing has been moved into it yet and I already have a 10" light with timer.

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
I have a planted 15 gallon tall freshwater aquarium. What is recommended lighting wise that would be efficient and inexpensive for my tank? This is my upgrade so nothing has been moved into it yet and I already have a 10" light with timer.
Lighting is one of the most important factor in a planted aquarium but since you’re on a budget, this video may be helpful.

Reactions: Ariel_Saxon

Ariel_Saxon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2017
Lighting is one of the most important factor in a planted aquarium but since you’re on a budget, this video may be helpful.
If money was not an issue what lights would you recommend? I know the death of the tall tank plays an important role but I'm not sure exactly how to make sure I have one efficient to reach the bottom without causing too many algae issues.

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
If money was not an issue what lights would you recommend? I know the death of the tall tank plays an important role but I'm not sure exactly how to make sure I have one efficient to reach the bottom without causing too many algae issues.
I've had much success with Finnex lighting but if you'd like to $$$ to spend, try Twinstar.

Reactions: Ariel_Saxon
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store