Breathing distress

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hi, yesterday one of the goldfish has started to show signs of breathing distress,hanging on the top of the tank breathing very fast with his mouth open. i also saw him scratching on the glass a few times,he also dosent eat.its the same goldfish that was lethargic a few days ago.Assuming its gill flukes I treated with Gyrodol by JBL {praziquantel} yesterday and there isnt any imrovment for now.How much time do you think it supposed to take till imrovmrnt shows? Do you think i should try other meds ot treatments{like salt}? Do ou think it might be something else besides gill flukes?. Im alo thinking wether or not i should quarntine him,the cons mostly are the stress factor for him,when he has such and hard time breathing i think even a little stress can be very bad.
another thing is ther treatment routine of the Gyrodol,The med saying to treat the tank once{dosgae is 10ml which is 15mg of prazi for 50 L} then wait 48 hours then water change 50% and the reapeat after 7 days,i know there are other protocols and dosages with prazi, do you reccomend something else? Thank you
450L 20 small to medium size goldfish, water p:0,0,20.

Exp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi, yesterday one of the goldfish has started to show signs of breathing distress,hanging on the top of the tank breathing very fast with his mouth open. i also saw him scratching on the glass a few times,he also dosent eat.its the same goldfish that was lethargic a few days ago.Assuming its gill flukes I treated with Gyrodol by JBL {praziquantel} yesterday and there isnt any imrovment for now.How much time do you think it supposed to take till imrovmrnt shows? Do you think i should try other meds ot treatments{like salt}? Do ou think it might be something else besides gill flukes?. Im alo thinking wether or not i should quarntine him,the cons mostly are the stress factor for him,when he has such and hard time breathing i think even a little stress can be very bad.
another thing is ther treatment routine of the Gyrodol,The med saying to treat the tank once{dosgae is 10ml which is 15mg of prazi for 50 L} then wait 48 hours then water change 50% and the reapeat after 7 days,i know there are other protocols and dosages with prazi, do you reccomend something else? Thank you
450L 20 small to medium size goldfish, water p:0,0,20.
Change the water keep the ph level balanced

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
do ou thnk its flukes or something else? if there hasnt been any improvment after 48 hours of the prazi should i try treat with a diffrent med? maybe antibiotic?

Exp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2018
do ou thnk its flukes or something else? if there hasnt been any improvment after 48 hours of the prazi should i try treat with a diffrent med? maybe antibiotic?
yeah you should try everything you could cause its your precious fish actually nobody cares and they will comment so sorry so sad and all do all you can bro so can be tention free that you did everything to save it if it dies

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
ok.. of course i want to save the fish, but i want to do it right, over treating with medicines can cause demag to do fish.. i want to hear advices about the symptoms that i wrote and wether or not its souns like flukes, and how long should it take to see improvment

Exp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2018
H
ok.. of course i want to save the fish, but i want to do it right, over treating with medicines can cause demag to do fish.. i want to hear advices about the symptoms that i wrote and wether or not its souns like flukes, and how long should it take to see improvment
Hmm as you mentioned you tried it didn't ya? So wait and see

''][''

Banned
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2018
Ammonia spike, lack of oxygen, orionn your case seasonal fall temp fluxutuion = ich/parasites

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
Ammonia spike, lack of oxygen, orionn your case seasonal fall temp fluxutuion = ich/parasites
The tank is well aritated,ammonia is 0 and this is only 1 fish showing symptoms..can you pleasepay attention to my question: does the respond time for the gill flukes treatment can be a few day? or when treating gill flukes its supposed to be 1 day and no more? beacuase its been 3 days since treatment and there isnt any imrovment

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
after researching some more i saw that alot of diffrent parasite can cause the ame symptoms as flukes..costia,trichondina and chilodonella.. Should i start treating for those parasites? What treatment would you reccomend? also i read that salt can help with them but didnt found a dosage.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store