Are Eheim Jagers Reliable?

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Looking into getting a 150 watt for my 20g and wondering what you guys think of them :help2:

Reactions: tlindsey

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Personally, I'm not a fan of their heaters. I went through 3 of them in a year. Thought they would be good since everyone talks great about Eheim, but I guess that's just for their classic filters. Last straw was when one of them stayed "On" and made fish stew out of my 75g tank.

Puffer Fish Boi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2018
Personally, I'm not a fan of their heaters. I went through 3 of them in a year. Thought they would be good since everyone talks great about Eheim, but I guess that's just for their classic filters. Last straw was when one of them stayed "On" and made fish stew out of my 75g tank.
damn, that's horrible. I just used a tetra heater for my 10 gallon tank and it's been doing fine, now I'm a bit worried lol.

Reactions: imabot

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Jagers went downhill in quality when Eheim bought them out years ago. The owner of one of the largest online aquatic retail outlets here in Canada told me a number of years ago that their heaters have the highest return rate out of all of the various lines that he sells.

AzCody

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2018
Check out the new fluval advanced heaters. Pretty awesome from what I hear.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Haven't had issues with mine in 3 years. Might be a single case there...

Reactions: Stephen St.Clair

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I'm glad this thread has come up. I'm at the stage now where I don't have any confidence with any heaters. So I got inkbird units for my tanks and they failed too! I mean, how difficult can it be for these companies to manufacture reliable heating systems?

At the minute i'm running juwel aqua heat 300's (on their own, no temp controllers due to my ongoing inkbird issues). I've had one issue so far and that was when one of them stuck on and my water hit 90 degrees overnight which is a shocking issue to have with any heater.

Everytime I walk past my tanks now i'm checking the thermometer, i'm touching the glass, i'm dangling my fingers in the water. I'm the best temperature controller for my tanks at the moment so i'm hoping that this thread can identify a brand of heater that is reliable and i'll give them a try. I don't even mind paying silly money for a heater, after all it's probably the most important piece of equipment in a tropical set up.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'm considering building a Raspberry Pi Heater controller. Can also use it to run my lights and log temperature.

Reactions: TexasMFK31
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store