cichlids with bgk

huntery18

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
anyone have luck keeping ca/sa cichlids with a black ghost knife, if so which ones, both would enter the tank together as juveniles

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
Severums are not everyone's cup of tea so its all good. IME the bgk fish aren't very competitive for food and are beat up kind of easy so finding fish that aren't super aggressive is good. I had to often times feed him by hand down in his cave to make sure he ate enough. which brings me to my next point which is to have plenty of hiding places for the bgk to get away from the cichlids. Something like Amatitlania sajica might work but black ghost knifefish grow rather large so when it gets to bit he may or may not try and snack on them in the night but would work for a while although i have not tried it myself.

Reactions: huntery18

huntery18

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Severums are not everyone's cup of tea so its all good. IME the bgk fish aren't very competitive for food and are beat up kind of easy so finding fish that aren't super aggressive is good. I had to often times feed him by hand down in his cave to make sure he ate enough. which brings me to my next point which is to have plenty of hiding places for the bgk to get away from the cichlids. Something like Amatitlania sajica might work but black ghost knifefish grow rather large so when it gets to bit he may or may not try and snack on them in the night but would work for a while although i have not tried it myself.
yeah i plan to have him in a 125 with numerous plants and caves to help shyness

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
Reactions: huntery18
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store