Massivore and carnivore pellets?

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
Are they 100% identical? I was also wondering if anyone knows what exact ingredients in them promotes growth any better than other foods?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
The hikari gold makes a mess doesnt it? Hows the smell on the one? Im not "allowed" to feed carnivore pellets anymore from the stink. She never said I couldnt I just have to listen to the complaining for a day after and if she even sees the bag.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
The hikari gold makes a mess doesnt it? Hows the smell on the one? Im not "allowed" to feed carnivore pellets anymore from the stink. She never said I couldnt I just have to listen to the complaining for a day after and if she even sees the bag.
I have a small ceramic bowl that I mix / serve foods in...I drop the pellets into the bowl then pour hot tap water over them. Let 'em swell up until they are 'just spongy' and you can squeeze them softly. If you wait too long they will break up if your fish are aggressive feeders...my bottomless pit baby O and jumbo parrots fight over them. They just suck 'em up one after the other!!

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
Thanks for the reply/info. Anyone have any idea what makes them promote growth better than other foods?

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
I’ve been using hikari sinking gold medium and floating gold small for years. No complaints. I don’t use the carnivore or massivore, because it’s a great way to combat obesity for cichlids, characins, catfish, or anything else that may be housed with polypterids.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I’ve been using hikari sinking gold medium and floating gold small for years. No complaints. I don’t use the carnivore or massivore, because it’s a great way to combat obesity for cichlids, characins, catfish, or anything else that may be housed with polypterids.
Guess its like high calorie dessert, a dab will do ya...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store