Decoration themes?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
https://www.lazada.sg/products/simu...eting-terracepatio-i283636998-s451715142.html

Intend to lay this across the bottom of my 180 gallon tank.

If what is stated is true.. I be looking at 4m x 25m worth of fake grass for $10

View attachment 1355116
Usually to toxic for fish tanks...

Here's some ideas for fish tank decorations:
Arrowheads (obsidian looks wicked cool),real skulls, replica dinosaur or other ancient skull replicas, real arrows without broad heads(could go with a "things hunters loose" theme),shed deer antlers are a favorite of mine (also used them as coat hangers) as well as old bones, both of which are easy to find if you know where to look.
Various gemstones and rocks make awesome decor.
I've used fishing lures without hooks, which some fish enjoy playing with.

Could make some pictographs, petroglyphs or stone carvings to set a mood.

Many dead plant leaves and sticks work as well

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
https://www.lazada.sg/products/simu...eting-terracepatio-i283636998-s451715142.html

Intend to lay this across the bottom of my 180 gallon tank.

If what is stated is true.. I be looking at 4m x 25m worth of fake grass for $10

View attachment 1355116
Make sure that is safe and not chemically treated for uv, and no rubber base! I would go with the plastic grass mats you can get at the craft stores...100 percent safe and inert. Plus you can custom cut them to size if needed...I have them wrapped around my terra cotta pots.

BTW keep in mind all those nooks and crannies will collect crud.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Try the waterproof
Exo Terra Jungle Vines
...that's what I have in my tank. I wanted an "open cozy" theme so the fish would have places to explore, feel secure yet be able to see what's coming. The vines come in small, medium and large. You can get them on amazon. There are also REPTI VINES that simulate Pothos and have a sucker disk to attach to the back. I use real Pothos, tho.

If you have Petco in your area you can get Repti Vines there in the reptile supply section.
No Petco here. But I will have a look online. Thank you. :)

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Usually to toxic for fish tanks...

Here's some ideas for fish tank decorations:
Arrowheads (obsidian looks wicked cool),real skulls, replica dinosaur or other ancient skull replicas, real arrows without broad heads(could go with a "things hunters loose" theme),shed deer antlers are a favorite of mine (also used them as coat hangers) as well as old bones, both of which are easy to find if you know where to look.
Various gemstones and rocks make awesome decor.
I've used fishing lures without hooks, which some fish enjoy playing with.

Could make some pictographs, petroglyphs or stone carvings to set a mood.

Many dead plant leaves and sticks work as well
Confirm toxic?

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Make sure that is safe and not chemically treated for uv, and no rubber base! I would go with the plastic grass mats you can get at the craft stores...100 percent safe and inert. Plus you can custom cut them to size if needed...I have them wrapped around my terra cotta pots.

BTW keep in mind all those nooks and crannies will collect crud.
Don't think it's treated for UV but I think it may have rubber base...

Any idea how the plastic grass mats look like?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!

I had a few of them from a lfs that I put in QT tanks when needed. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of it, but as long as they're quality mats they don't look bad. Obviously not as nice as live plants but can still look nice. :)

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC

If it has rubber base, absolutely NOT. There will be poisionous glues involved that attach the mat, plus the rubber itself may leach chemicals even if the plastic grass isn't treated for uv...

I use the plastic craft mats in my tanks. See the thread "Meet my Finny Friends". In two tanks I have wrapped the plastic mats around terra cotta pots, tied with green and blue rubber bands. The mats are 12" square and have an open grid bottom that is also plastic. You can cut them easily with scissors. Some have silk leaves attached, I use those too.

Another cool use is cutting them into shapes and pressing them into the substrate, looking like low shrubs. There are several types, some look like grass, some are bushy and some have leaves. You want grass mats by ASHLAND. One type is grass, one boxwood and one bushy. Scroll down to see other images here:

https://www.michaels.com/default/10275721.html

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store