Why are these being sold????

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Serious question. Are you really seeing these stocked in good quantity at local shops?

I cant recall one single time in 17yrs around the southeast from TX to GA. Only been around the panhandle in FL looking. I remember the days of seeing baby alligators and caiman...not one paima
I've never seen them for sale here in the UK. The debate just seems to have turned into whether they should or not.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Gosh that is crazy.
The fish store I love going to just got more of these guys in last month I think it was. I haven’t gone to see them in person.
I won’t lie, they are so cute and innocent looking when they are only 6” long. Lol
This video really shows what a person would be in for. Basically needing a zoo grade aquarium/pool/pond that is covered. And having to be really careful with feeding since they are very dangerous if they jump at you.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I have seen them locally a number of times over the years, but I no longer frequent the big city stores like I did in years past.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Im not disagreeing with you that it sucks that such a large fish could be mistreated but theres 100's of other species to consider too.
Yep.....slippery slope and I'd rather the gubment stays off of and away from it.

Reactions: jaws7777

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Gotcha. To be fair i admitted it on the spot. Pm sent. Im no hypocrite.
Save the PM. Your choice to keep a fight going across threads despite us asking it to stop. Now you have our full attention as one of the last who won’t. You can stop it or I have to. I’m trying to get you to see this in the light it’s being viewed in by those of us who have obligations here. Carp was told to stop, didn’t and I permanently banned him yesterday.

I like you, always have. You’re a passionate guy and we see eye to eye on the majority of topics off the site. That doesn’t matter if you won’t stop when asked to. You’re a valuable member, please rationalize your reasoning for keeping this going. It isn’t worth it.

Take the argument off the site and move on.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
These days fishermen and fish keepers are posting in the same forum.
Next thing we'll start exchanging recipes how to cook our pets the best way.

Of course no one wants government control but what else works?

In certain parts of Europe you can't own large fish unless you prove you've got the minimum tank requirements. I hope that becomes the case everywhere. Although owning a large tank is not a guarantee of humane treatment either but it's something at least.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Save the PM. Your choice to keep a fight going across threads despite us asking it to stop. Now you have our full attention as one of the last who won’t. You can stop it or I have to. I’m trying to get you to see this in the light it’s being viewed in by those of us who have obligations here. Carp was told to stop, didn’t and I permanently banned him yesterday.

I like you, always have. You’re a passionate guy and we see eye to eye on the majority of topics off the site. That doesn’t matter if you won’t stop when asked to. You’re a valuable member, please rationalize your reasoning for keeping this going. It isn’t worth it.

Take the argument off the site and move on.
I sent you the pm to not appear to be argumentative on the forum. I wasnt told about my behavior or arguing on multiple threads was my fault specifically man but i'll take this as my warning. Im not in the position to change your opinion about my actions on this thread either. That said point taken

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store