New Pond, and Dogs?

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
If you guys want to talk about guns, check out our club.
(http://www.mossbergowners.com) We own every brand and some without one.

Meanwhile my plecos are growing out of control and it's too cold to go out pond digging.

I'm going to replace both of my 55s so the plecos may get two outdoor 55's temporarily.

But right now they'd be difficult to heat. I'd need 500w per tank and 2" styrofoam covering sides and lid, plus some rough stands.

Too much.

I expect the plecos will have to survive in their 30s until it warms up a bit.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Hmmm... a kiddie pool would be a great way to keep them out of the pond. I set one up for my husbands Pitt. She loves water and sticks her head under. She’s weird. Lol
I was going to build a dog wash in our little kennel, so my wife could wash her dogs in the summer. Now we have mobile groomers, that just pick up your dogs and return them clean. LOL

I shelved the dog shower plan.

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
If you guys want to talk about guns, check out our club.
(http://www.mossbergowners.com) We own every brand and some without one.

Meanwhile my plecos are growing out of control and it's too cold to go out pond digging.

I'm going to replace both of my 55s so the plecos may get two outdoor 55's temporarily.

But right now they'd be difficult to heat. I'd need 500w per tank and 2" styrofoam covering sides and lid, plus some rough stands.

Too much.

I expect the plecos will have to survive in their 30s until it warms up a bit.
So did you dig it yet? I just tried my hand at this the first time with a 145 gallon? premade. It would be nice to use a liner but they seem terribly expensive. If i may ask, what did your liner cost?

Reactions: Ulu

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Sorry, no liner and no pond . . . Not yet. In fact my wife has just been trying to talk me out of it

Meanwhile, I tripped over a cat and twisted my knee, and I've been limping around the house for about 3 weeks now as it heals up.

Part of my wife's issue is the fact that I am running too many tanks. She can't make the logical leap that when I have a pond to put these fish in I can reduce the number of Tanks by at least two. I have also already reduced the number by 2, so that means going from 10 tanks down to six.

I thought that was going to be good enough but I dunno yet. I don't want her to be unhappy with the situation because if something happens to me she will have to take care of the fish.

If there's a situation where her dogs and cats will just eat them I would rather not get involved.

Meanwhile I've got these plecos in small tanks with enormous filtration. I'm changing water three times a week.

On the brighter side of things my lawn is looking great from all of the fish waste.
15557036525321811058754.jpg

I've watered everything with pleco poop for many years.

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
[/QUOTE]
Sorry, no liner and no pond . . . Not yet. In fact my wife has just been trying to talk me out of it

Meanwhile, I tripped over a cat and twisted my knee, and I've been limping around the house for about 3 weeks now as it heals up.

Part of my wife's issue is the fact that I am running too many tanks. She can't make the logical leap that when I have a pond to put these fish in I can reduce the number of Tanks by at least two. I have also already reduced the number by 2, so that means going from 10 tanks down to six.

I thought that was going to be good enough but I dunno yet. I don't want her to be unhappy with the situation because if something happens to me she will have to take care of the fish.

If there's a situation where her dogs and cats will just eat them I would rather not get involved.

Meanwhile I've got these plecos in small tanks with enormous filtration. I'm changing water three times a week.

On the brighter side of things my lawn is looking great from all of the fish waste.
View attachment 1369582

I've watered everything with pleco poop for many years.
Damn cats, one fell thru my greenhouse roof. I too, water with wastewater. A little video i made with my laptop.

Hope your knee gets better.

Reactions: Dloks and Ulu
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store