Massivore Question

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
This thread turns out to be an entertaining read.

It is surprising how a fishkeeper is soo concerned with ingredients and content of a fish food; trying to be their own scientist, and what goes into the diet of their pet and wanting to know and scrutinize its content (in this case the usage of starch) drawing opinion trying to make sense of their own reasoning..
Well at first the discussion sounds legit but after 12 pages.. Desperate.

Given the choice, anyone would want to provide the best for their pet. Who wouldn't?
But to come out trying to tell people off and swaying negative input all around is not good and looks a bit desperate seriously..
Definitely not against an organization that specialized in something for over a century.

Then again, look around you. People still CHOOSE to consume Coca Cola and fast foods even after being told of its negative effect on the body. LOL. Who are we to blame??

P.S. Both NLS and Hikari are readily available here almost on every shelf of all local fish shop where I'm at. To compare how affordable NLS is to Hikari pound for pound here again is a bit.. desperate to say the least. NLS is overpriced here as compared to Hikari and other reputable brand.

Oh well.. 5+ years have passed since the last post.
.....good job in resurrecting the thread and possibly restarting the argument.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Argument is a harsh word. Perhaps a healthy debate? I mean the STARCH still exist don't they?

Ohh well.. Just realized what I did here. Sorry..
It's 5am. I should just get back to sleep already..
Hey it's no biggie and besides....who doesn't like a nice spirited discussion lol ?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
Just read this. Almost year after the last post. Very entertaining and informative. If my fish like a food and grow fast on it, I’ll keep feeding it to them. If my fish don’t like it, I switch brands. Sometimes I feed them worms, tilapia, market shrimp, etc. Anyway, my fish really REALLY like Massivore... a lot. Maybe the starch is sucrose from the coca leaf? If it is, I don’t want to know.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
We use a proprietary blend of processed starch in this product......... says the company that still uses corn flakes, and dried bakery products in food designed for finfish. Funny stuff indeed.

BTW - I've been out of the aquatic food biz for several yrs, so I think that the corporate espionage conspiracy theory can finally be put to rest. lol

Happy Fishkeeping

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
RD. RD. It's funny (but not surprising) how your logical and straightforward question of what the starch was never got a straight answer from the rep! FWIW, I have fed NLS 2mm medium fish formula to my rainbows and they gorge themselves on it. Also have tried the wafers. All good stuff. :)

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Maybe it's the same starch them Asian ladies used to starch my BDUs when I was in the ARMY.......

• Haha
Reactions: RD.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store