Got the kids a jardini

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
You got a dat to?? That thing looks like a little killie fish or a minnow right now

Reactions: Matteus

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
You got a dat to?? That thing looks like a little killie fish or a minnow right now
Yeah they had a couple choices i let my son do all the research and decide. The jar wasnt supposed to happen until florida. I have a tendency to complicate my life

note2self

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2014
pac nw
Nice Jardini! My absolute favorite Arowana. I've got a 2 growing out in a 125 right now and another one on the way. I second taking pictures often. Watching these guys grow is pretty cool.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Haha soo true. Funny he went to school bragging about it. The teacher emailed my wife asking if we could send in pics of our fish. He was able to stand in front of them naming all the species of bichir we keep and his little aro.
That's really cool.

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Yeah. Take photos often. When you look back, you'll be so surprised to see how much it has changed! They grow fast compared to polys.
Haha you know i will.

I gotta clean the tank up and dig up some better lighting.

Nice Jardini! My absolute favorite Arowana. I've got a 2 growing out in a 125 right now and another one on the way. I second taking pictures often. Watching these guys grow is pretty cool.
That sounds cool bro. How do they get along ? Do you get yours locally or a vendor ?

I havent been this excited with a fish since i got into polys. Other than my polys i kind of lost passion for the hobby. Too many yrs wasted on cichlids.

Reactions: moe214 and Matteus

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Its really hard to get decent pics of him. He hates my phone.

Im surprised how much their appearance changes depending on how the light hits them.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Im surprised how much their appearance changes depending on how the light hits them.
Yes, that's the wonderful (but kinda frustrating from a photographic and lighting set-up perspective) thing about Arowanas -- move your camera up, down or to the side by just a foot and it looks like a different fish lol.

note2self

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2014
pac nw
Haha you know i will.

I gotta clean the tank up and dig up some better lighting.

That sounds cool bro. How do they get along ? Do you get yours locally or a vendor ?

I havent been this excited with a fish since i got into polys. Other than my polys i kind of lost passion for the hobby. Too many yrs wasted on cichlids.
I got my first 2 locally. From my LFS to be exact. My 3rd was purchased through a vendor. Aggression is 0. I built a divider when I put my 7” jar in with my 15” and when I came home that night, the divider was knocked over and the two arowana were swimming together. At that point, I left it alone and they have been fine ever since. We will see with the 3rd one! My bigger jar has only had a problem with a couple of oscars he used to be housed with. That’s it.

Quick tip.....get them on pellets as quick as you can. Feeding live or frozen all the time can get expensive. I learned the hard way lol

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Yes, that's the wonderful (but kinda frustrating from a photographic and lighting set-up perspective) thing about Arowanas -- move your camera up, down or to the side by just a foot and it looks like a different fish lol.
Lol i never knew that.

I got my first 2 locally. From my LFS to be exact. My 3rd was purchased through a vendor. Aggression is 0. I built a divider when I put my 7” jar in with my 15” and when I came home that night, the divider was knocked over and the two arowana were swimming together. At that point, I left it alone and they have been fine ever since. We will see with the 3rd one! My bigger jar has only had a problem with a couple of oscars he used to be housed with. That’s it.

Quick tip.....get them on pellets as quick as you can. Feeding live or frozen all the time can get expensive. I learned the hard way lol

That sounds great man. Nice to see there is at least a chance he'll be comm friendly. Im hoping the smaller fish get him used to having other fish around.

So far hes eating flake, FD krill and BW. Hes mouthing the pellets but maybe to small to take them down. Last night he took tilapia with gusto, i'll start mashing in some pellets next feeding.

Thx for the tips man. Would live to see your jars. Do you have a thread ? If not feel free to post here

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store