WEIRD!

DorianGibs

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
Lol no its not illegal to use at all, there are certain sites that are illegal and certain things you could do on there that is illegal (buy/sell any type of contraband or certain services) some onion sites are fine while others are made with malicious intent which is why if you use it you should be cautious

I mess around on tor a lot. However, I never go on suspicious sites and this one is pretty well known. I haven't clicked any of the links and don't intend to do so. The hidden wiki is a dark web site you can access with chrome as well (although I DO NOT recommend doing that).

This next one isn't dark web but it's pretty interesting: https://wikileaks.org/clinton-email...o=&nofrom=&noto=&count=50&sort=0#searchresult

Last edited:
From wiki :
Tor is free and open-source software for enabling anonymous communication. The name is derived from an acronym for the original software project name "The Onion Router".[8][9] Tor directs Internet traffic through a free, worldwide, volunteer overlay networkconsisting of more than seven thousand relays[10] to conceal a user's location and usage from anyone conducting network surveillanceor traffic analysis. Using Tor makes it more difficult to trace Internet activity to the user: this includes "visits to Web sites, online posts, instant messages, and other communication forms".[11] Tor's intended use is to protect the personal privacy of its users, as well as their freedom and ability to conduct confidential communication by keeping their Internet activities from being monitored.
Tor also makes it impossible to find your location or IP address. It does this by bouncing your signal around an unspecified number of routers in quite a few locations.

Tor is where most dark web sites are. It was created by the US military but became public after a while. The thinking was that there would always be crime, so better to have it on an anonymous network that isn't THAT difficult for the federal government to hack (so they can get involved when things get serious) than in dangerous street cartels that pose a threat to the public.

An example is Silk Road, a drug selling site. Ross Ulbrich, the creator of the site, was arrested and is serving out a life sentence. He started selling a few too many drugs, so the government (which has control of the routers) traced him back to his house and found him on the site. They captured him before he could close his computer and found all the evidence. I hope this answers your questions.

Reactions: DorianGibs

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Tor also makes it impossible to find your location or IP address. It does this by bouncing your signal around an unspecified number of routers in quite a few locations.

Tor is where most dark web sites are. It was created by the US military but became public after a while. The thinking was that there would always be crime, so better to have it on an anonymous network that isn't THAT difficult for the federal government to hack (so they can get involved when things get serious) than in dangerous street cartels that pose a threat to the public.

An example is Silk Road, a drug selling site. Ross Ulbrich, the creator of the site, was arrested and is serving out a life sentence. He started selling a few too many drugs, so the government (which has control of the routers) traced him back to his house and found him on the site. They captured him before he could close his computer and found all the evidence. I hope this answers your questions.
Free Ross! He didnt sell drugs, vendors on Silk Road did.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Reactions: FMA4ME

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
So are there sites that are illegal to be on? Like you can't even be there to look?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store