Feeding hot dogs to fish. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Let's not forget that when talking healthy food for human consumption we would not consider a hot dog as being even remotely close to that of a healthy option. One main reason is the poor ingredients with loads of preservatives.
Unhealthy for the most part, due to excessive fat content. The ingredients are not poor per se, unless you are against eating pork, or beef, or turkey. Slaughterhouse scraps are not void of nutrients. The vast majority of commercial fish foods are also loaded with preservatives - if they weren't the fat would go rancid in very short order. Most manufacturers still use substances such as ethoxyquin, BHA, BHT, to preserve their foods. Not all, but I think it would be safe to say the vast majority.

Last edited:

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Well--and not trying to create a big ruckus here--but havent we established that most tropical fish dont have to ability to properly metabolize food sources like poultry, beef, or pork? And that saturating their diets with these can lead to health problems. Im pretty sure it was you that was making that point in one of the beef heart arguments we had on here...could be wrong though.

Yes, agreed, but pork and/or beef is not necessarily unhealthy for humans to consume. Which is what the OP was stating. I'm pretty sure that Philip doesn't have the slightest clue as to exactly what his various fish foods are comprised from, or how that process takes place.

The real point here is that no one in the previous thread was cheering on the feeding of Turkey Dogs to anyone's fish. IMHO the ends justified the means in Rich's case, and Phillip is just being a DB by starting another thread on this subject. Rich didn't and doesn't just feed Turkey Dogs to his rescues.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
If, in an hypothetical world the big rich thread had never been started, i'd have said that this could well be a valid subject to discuss, not only hotdogs but other meats too such as beef heart or poultry.

However, taking into consideration that the big rich thread DID start, unfortunately, and only a few hours ago at that, then i'd say that it's as plain as the nose on one's face that the OP is just trolling now.

He has tried to be clever by omitting any reference whatsoever to big rich in his original post but how daft does he think we are?

Moderators?

ReApEr666

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2018
20190419_104208.png20190419_104233.png

fish eat meat...whats the problem? they eat rodents, birds, amphibians, reptiles...and other fish... O.P... have u ever owned any predatory fish? what do u propose feeding them when there 2-4' long with hefty appetites. most pellet food contains wheat, grain and even ash. fish do not naturally consume those either... varied diet is the most important. 2 much salty seafood, tilapia or shrimp can have much worse effects than turkey franks and lead to fatty liver disease or too much thiamene. . get over urself. I fed a plethera of my fish turkey franks for yrs and saw no ill effects. keeping a wild animal and forcing them to only eat what u deem is right....is wrong... varied diet will always be key to keeping animals healthy in captivity.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
You ever tried hotdog wrap in bacon?:naughty:
Bro there’s clearly a sign in DTLA (Downtown LA) in Santee Alley. “You ain’t from California if you never tried the worlds famous Alley dog!” Wrapped in bacon and all the other goodies, best part is your stomach won’t hurt as bad as 7-11 hot dogs. As the cars drive by giving the hot dogs a tad bit Smokey flavor, drizzle some ketchup on it with a tinny bit of mayo, okay now we get to the fun part! Squirt a little mustard on it to make a perfect smiley face and throw some grilled onions and bell pepper.....BAAM Alley Dog! Hey now these are Los Angeles Alley Dogs, they are a bit bigger than what you’re use to so you gotta open your mouth at least 4” vertical. Gotta make sure you have that napkin ready gonna have ketchup and mayo all over your face. Oh wait I forgot the combo is $6 no tax! Now you got a nice Spirite, Coka Cola, or my personal favorite.... a water bottle with a bag of lays. After that juicy bite of the Alley dogs, you gonna want some o2 to wash that amazing taste out of your mouth... did I mention they are bacon dogs??!??!! So yea OP I like Ketchup too!!

• Haha
Reactions: Polyaddict86

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I actually hope BR hasn't seen the 'other', now closed post, though I wouldn't be surprised if he had. But could you imagine the possible talk around the dinner table that night, maybe something like this:
"Gee honey, that guy Philip on MFK sure seems like a really nice kid -- hey, why don't we invite him over for brunch some time? I got it, we can have a weenie roast, then after that, take a niiiiice, relaxing swim in the pool..."

Just kidding of course, I'm sure they had no such thoughts, just my own little fantasy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store