Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Chappie is adorable.. i remember i kept a red tail shark in with my two pacus and he would stay in the middle of them for protection.. i think they throught he was their baby... here they were turkey platter size and the shark was all of 2 inches.. that shark lived long after my tank exploded.. he lived to be old and actually gray faced... i am sure he missed them though..
I want to weep when I hear about your tank exploding :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Red Devil

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
What a beauty! Nice fish Matt! I have also always wanted a pacu... but I have always wanted many giant fish lol.. what's his next step up? Gotta make my way to your place soon haha
You can visit any time. I can also show you the building where this pond is. Downtown at trimac house.

Reactions: islandguy11

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
  • Sad

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Just read through this thread. What a great story and you have a great wife.
I like your fish too!
Glad you are in MFK.
Thank you Sir. I appreciate that from you.

You may find my new crew interesting if you haven’t already seen.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Thank you Sir. I appreciate that from you.

You may find my new crew interesting if you haven’t already seen.
You are welcome. And naming your fish is not for girls! Psychologically it is healthy for the fish keeper. And anything that strengthens the bond to the fish will result in improved care for the fish. At least, that's what Luther says...

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
You are welcome. And naming your fish is not for girls! Psychologically it is healthy for the fish keeper. And anything that strengthens the bond to the fish will result in improved care for the fish. At least, that's what Luther says...
Lol. That statement was made as a funny homage to the comment from kendragon kendragon about the mean chichla guys saying that naming fish was for girls. So I felt it would be appropriate to start the thread with that in mind.

Reactions: LBDave

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
So I found out some bad news today.

The heater on the pond malfunctioned, and all the fish except a few plecos died a few days ago. He said he found it at 95 degrees.

He said there was over 50 kgs of fish that he had to pull out of the pond. A very sad day indeed. I feel really bad for my friend, some of those fish were 15+yrs old from what I understand. Most of them he had raised from 2”.

• Sad
Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store