Oscar rescue

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Thats funny. Here is Michigan we have Meijer and Walmart that both sell fish. Luckily I live in the city and have 9 fish stores with in 20 minutes of me.
We dont have either off hem stores so here in a at australia why rite shocking to me. Sounds good in theory but from what you've said they don't seem to look after the fish all that well.
We have a new chain store called Pet Barn popping up everywhere which is pretty dodgy for fish and lots of independent stores but they seem to be closing down a lot these last few years. Would like to be able to buy my groceries and some fish at the same time though.

Kvandy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2018
Roseville, MI
Update on my oscar. He made it through 6 weeks of quarantine. Treated for ich and internal parasites, now he's eating like a champ. He's about doubled in size and now has the dining room 90 gallon to himself. I'm learning that Oscars are really awesome fish. I have jags,dovi,midas,gt,JD,flowerhorn,Texas,convicts, salvini the whole 9 yards and this is my first ever Oscar and quickly becoming my favorite

IMG_20190306_233856.jpg

IMG_20190306_233703.jpg

IMG_20190306_233124.jpg

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Goes to show how fast these guys grow. I remember when you recused him and he was about 1-2 inches and it feels like only a month ago.
It's amazing how quickly they go from tiny fish with eyes too big for their faces to huge lunkers.

That's a really dark lutino. Very unusual coloring. It will be cool to see how he matures.

I've made pity purchases from Walmart. Shouldn't do it. It just supports more of the same practices. But sometimes I see a sad sack fish and think, "You know, I could save that animal's life." Some of those pity purchases have actually turned into very nice specimens. We have some clown loaches that looked like they had been rolled in powdered sugar when they were paroled from Wally World but they're in great shape now.

What did you name your O?

Last edited:

Kvandy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2018
Roseville, MI
It's amazing how quickly they go from tiny fish with eyes too big for their faces to huge lunkers.

That's a really dark lutino. Very unusual coloring. It will be cool to see how he matures.

I've made pity purchases from Walmart. Shouldn't do it. It just supports more of the same practices. But sometimes I see a sad sack fish and think, "You know, I could save that animal's life." Some of those pity purchases have actually turned into very nice specimens. We have some clown loaches that looked like they had been rolled in powdered sugar when they were paroled from Wally World but they're in great shape now.

What did you name your O?
No name for the Oscar but they do grow insanely fast. I’m actually trying to clear out a 6ft tank for him but with fb banning the sale of fish and flagging every post I make it’s getting hard to sell fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store