What are some of your go to pellet foods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Interesting tidbit about hikari pellets and their manufacturing process.

https://www.hikari.info/tec/ep.html

I serve a mix of hikari pellets, red , green, and brown. However the most recent batches I've ordered this past week definitely are 'firmer' and don't swell nearly as much. Not sure if they've tweaked the composition or not but the current pellets I have definitely are denser. It's especially noticeable with the hikari gold...they used to swell like sponges but not now.

Despite hype over the massivore /carnivore pellets my fish don't care for them too much.

Reactions: islandguy11

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I pick TheReefer TheReefer should just shut the hell up and listen. Stop making dumb threads that’s already been posted hundreds of time, to stop making fake new profile ( we know who you are kid), stop giving advices, and lastly, stop arguing with RD. RD. he has more forgotten knowledge about fish food (some says he’s on a NLS diet himself) than you’ve researched on google all year.
There's a plague of this with the youngins. I think the stupid unreviewed care sheets are the worst but this is right there with it.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
RD. RD. what's your opinion on the homemade frozen cube concoctions a lot of salt keepers recommend?

Reactions: Lepisosteus

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
RD. RD. what's your opinion on the homemade frozen cube concoctions a lot of salt keepers recommend?
I think they are fine, if that's the route someone wants to go. I would personally shoot for getting most/all, or at least some of the fish & coral on pellets, and then feed whatever else I needed to supplement that. The problem with homemade mixes it becomes difficult to know exactly what the nutrient levels are in each batch/cube, portion. I'm too anal to just wing it, I want to know what protein/fat/vitamin levels are being supplied in each portion, at least as much as possible. Maybe that's just me. But I also understand that many marine species can be difficult, if not impossible to feed unless fresh/frozen is utilized. Nutrient wise, keeping fresh is a snap compared to keeping most marine species healthy long term. No marine for me, prices in my area are too rich for my wallet.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Probably what I should have said was, how good a homemade concoction is, will be dependant on the person concocting it. That's really what those types of homemade mixes all boil down to.

I pick TheReefer TheReefer should just shut the hell up and listen. Stop making dumb threads that’s already been posted hundreds of time, to stop making fake new profile ( we know who you are kid), stop giving advices, and lastly, stop arguing with RD. RD. he has more forgotten knowledge about fish food (some says he’s on a NLS diet himself) than you’ve researched on google all year.

It appears that your wish was granted.

Reactions: Matteus and Dloks

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Damn,what did they ban him for?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
My guess is that his IP addy matched up to one that it probably shouldn't have.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store