Gold Tier RD., Esteemed Contributor (upgrade from silver)

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Just for clarification Chicx is there a usual or set number of Staff endorsements that are required for a nomination's passage?
See here:

Reactions: RD. and islandguy11

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
We've all waxed lyrical regarding Neil's contribution to the forum without necessarily stating a simple "yay" or "nay" to actually verify our voting choice. I guess we're down to the nitty gritty now of actual voting. I don't think I actually confirmed my choice in my earlier post so just for the record it's a yay from me. Good luck Neil.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I think that part of the issue is a lot of members don't fully understand how this process works, myself included. A number of members appear to have voted with a "like" to the OP's initial post. I recognized several, including vincentwugwg vincentwugwg who used the like button, to I assume place his vote?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I think that part of the issue is a lot of members don't fully understand how this process works, myself included. A number of members appear to have voted with a "like" to the OP's initial post. I recognized several, including vincentwugwg vincentwugwg who used the like button, to I assume place his vote?
It needs to be expressly stated with a yes or no.

I suppose with the recent surge in popularity of the awards program, I may need to rewrite and clarify some things.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
It needs to be expressly stated with a yes or no.
No worries, I was simply pointing out what I had noticed. I think that I have always posted yay or nay when voting, but with the like buttons some members may be confused as to how the process actually works. It appears that way to me, but what do I know?

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
No worries, I was simply pointing out what I had noticed. I think that I have always posted yay or nay when voting, but with the like buttons some members may be confused as to how the process actually works. It appears that way to me, but what do I know?
While I agree a clear yah/nay would be best I had pretty much assumed the same regarding Likes of the OP -- after all why would anyone take the time to Like the OP if they didn't agree with it and support the nomination? In fact the other recent Nominations likely face this same issue.

But I also don't know much about this process, so maybe with the evolution of MFK's Reaction buttons, and surging popularity of the Awards program, as Chicx says a future edit or clarification of the Requirements might be warranted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store