Juruense Update

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Very nice update! Now I can see how juvenile pattern will developed in adulthood. Not much changes but if a specimen ever got scratch or abrasion on the skin, pattern definitely will change like broken lines in panaques.
Are you saying that the pattern is or may be a function of skin abrasions? Just wondering and looking to learn. I've never heard this.

Reactions: Chicxulub

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
Are you saying that the pattern is or may be a function of skin abrasions? Just wondering and looking to learn. I've never heard this.
Pattern will somewhat distorted from its original state at the area where the abrasion or wounds occured. This happens on my piraiba, abrasion on one of his large spot after it healed, the pattern distort & later become several small spots. I don't keep track of it as it is a common thing in fish, I assumed

There's a panaque keeper in Singapore, he explained in 1 of his post on FB that his L27 will fight with others & gets abrasion or wounds, the line pattern will break as to what they called it as "Broken Line". So the pattern become more thinned line with complex breaks

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Almost lost this guy today. I adjusted the heater yesterday and failed to plug it back in. Woke up today to a lethargic juruense in 64 degree water. Currently bringing temp up slowly but he is swimming around now and appears normal, he has stationed himself close to the heater. Current temp is 74. It appears I’m out of the woods.

Anyone have any experience with temp fluctuations? Anything else I should do?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
IDK. It's just stressful on the fish. Stress is the prerequisite of illness. I'd just double my vigilance.

Reactions: Fishman Dave
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store