New petco flowerhorn.

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
Me too. I just cant shell out the bucks to ship in one of those "premium" flowerhorns when theres plenty of premium looking fish right down the street for chump change.

Sheogorath has a lot to live up to. This is my last petsmart flowerhorn, rorshach, when i sold him at around 11"
View attachment 1394436
This is awesome. I've been going back & forth about whether the box store FH will actually grow up to be anything. I really don't want to shell out hundreds on a fish either, so I'm excited to see that the cheaper ones are still lookers!

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
This is awesome. I've been going back & forth about whether the box store FH will actually grow up to be anything. I really don't want to shell out hundreds on a fish either, so I'm excited to see that the cheaper ones are still lookers!
I would say definitely keep an eye out and be picky. I probably passed on 100 fish before this one jumped out at me on one of my weekly trips to petco. Another issue for me is the utter lack of any sort of lfs in my area...closest fish shop is 40 miles.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Tough going/slow progress on this fish. Three months back the loach/FH setup sprung a leak so i was forced to throw them in with the community. FH did not do well in there, developed some sort of infection, i suspect hex.

He's been in isolation for the last couple months, but has finally started eating pellets again and appears healthy at least.

Little growth since last update 4 months ago, maybe 1/2".
20200315_152429.jpg

Reactions: Jexnell

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Tough going/slow progress on this fish. Three months back the loach/FH setup sprung a leak so i was forced to throw them in with the community. FH did not do well in there, developed some sort of infection, i suspect hex.

He's been in isolation for the last couple months, but has finally started eating pellets again and appears healthy at least.

Little growth since last update 4 months ago, maybe 1/2".
View attachment 1409174
Should catch up as he recovers.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Should catch up as he recovers.
Hopefully so. Idk if hes having digestive trouble or just being finicky. He goes after every pellet i drop in, but chews a bit and then spits it back out. Does the same with bloodworms too. Im gonna try some nls thera A as he was eating that before he got sick.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hopefully so. Idk if hes having digestive trouble or just being finicky. He goes after every pellet i drop in, but chews a bit and then spits it back out. Does the same with bloodworms too. Im gonna try some nls thera A as he was eating that before he got sick.
Seems like sickness than being finicky as he's not eating blood worms.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store