900 gallon plywood shark tank build

nbrin

Feeder Fish
Apr 19, 2020
Yea i sanded between each coat. I would have had to take a week off work and sleep to have 1 continuous layer of epoxy. I cannot give you any recommendation as to plywood thickness as this is my first time doing this and am no expert. I would guess 3/4 to 1" for that depth but try looking for other builds with similar depth to yours. You can also look into fiberglass plywood hot tubs for some ideas
Did not think about the hot tub. Good call. However I think I'll go with a marine plywood shell (it is stiffer then normal plywood and I've worked with wood for the past 15 years ) and 2 coats of 450 gsm fibre mat with an extra layer on the edges (somehting like the King od DIY did a few years back but going all fibreglass instead of the pond armour as locally it is not common to find and ridiculously exensive). Thanks for your help and best of luck with your tank.

Reactions: dingodan

Devaji108

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hey did you ever find your ocean rock? if not check out bulk reef supply they have quite a large selection of dry ocean ocean rock.
amazing build! glad to see it coming along.

dingodan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
vancouver bc
Hey did you ever find your ocean rock? if not check out bulk reef supply they have quite a large selection of dry ocean ocean rock.
amazing build! glad to see it coming along.
As far as i can see they havent had any for a long time. It may still be on their website but its always out of stock. Im going to check out a selection of marco rock on tuesday. As far as man made goes i think its pretty decent. Pretty much all my equipment is on order now (battling ups's rediculous broker fees for some items). For the tank i was waiting for more epoxy paint but now that i have it ill do 3 more coats this weekend and then ill install the glass next weekend. Of course after all this i cant even get any livestock with the airlines being down, but ill at least be ready. Hopefully they start flying again this year...

Reactions: Devaji108

Devaji108

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2020
As far as i can see they havent had any for a long time. It may still be on their website but its always out of stock. Im going to check out a selection of marco rock on tuesday. As far as man made goes i think its pretty decent. Pretty much all my equipment is on order now (battling ups's rediculous broker fees for some items). For the tank i was waiting for more epoxy paint but now that i have it ill do 3 more coats this weekend and then ill install the glass next weekend. Of course after all this i cant even get any livestock with the airlines being down, but ill at least be ready. Hopefully they start flying again this year...
looks like BRS has the reef saver and marco shelf. they ran out of pukani.

tank is coming along great!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store