Not sure what to do

VaanBasch86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2020
So I’m not sure what to do with my 125 it’s getting kind of blah. The Angels and Discus in it are huge suck ups so worst case I have to move them to another tank. I also don’t want to get rid of my hopolo cats. I don’t care about any of the dither fish in it.

Things that annoy me about it:

1. the wood on the RH slowly degraded and is very annoying to clean my water polisher daily.
2. I like the Angels and Discus because of how happy they are for food, but they are super boring. ( They beg for food, and spawn with most water changes)
3. It’s a cluster mess from wood etc

Ideas will be considered... I just don’t like African cichlids so let’s not go down that road.

3F2A57FB-70D1-4242-82CF-9F09B28F2338.jpeg

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Welcome to MFK!
So tell us a little about the direction you’re considering.
Do you want to keep the stock and rescape?
Would you be interested in keeping a community tank or maybe a solo wet pet?

VaanBasch86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2020
Welcome to MFK!
So tell us a little about the direction you’re considering.
Do you want to keep the stock and rescape?
Would you be interested in keeping a community tank or maybe a solo wet pet?
Something South American or Central would be nice... stock will likely change sooner or later. I was originally keeping it in limbo for a young Fahaka. I use to have an adult, then it went all loopy so to say ( same thing that happened to the young one I lost last week PM if it’s interesting)

Mostly just looking for a change up...I changed it a bit today, less clutter mostly. I’ve been in the hobby since 95, so I guess you can see why I’d be interested in things you cannot easily get. I’d like to keep the Hopolos (sp) There is a adult Poly. delhezi that can stay as well.

In short, more so new stock that won’t eat the poly or my Hopolo’s. Something hard or harder to get, things that are not very skiddish.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Something South American or Central would be nice... stock will likely change sooner or later. I was originally keeping it in limbo for a young Fahaka. I use to have an adult, then it went all loopy so to say ( same thing that happened to the young one I lost last week PM if it’s interesting)

Mostly just looking for a change up...I changed it a bit today, less clutter mostly. I’ve been in the hobby since 95, so I guess you can see why I’d be interested in things you cannot easily get. I’d like to keep the Hopolos (sp) There is a adult Poly. delhezi that can stay as well.

In short, more so new stock that won’t eat the poly or my Hopolo’s. Something hard or harder to get, things that are not very skiddish.
I personally suggest smaller SA Cichlid species that will be more active imo. Also a large group of Tetra such as Cardinal or Neon or the Rummynose. Apistogramma, Rams or other Dwarf types.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store