Clarias gariepinus

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Ok. I think this one can be quite vicious. The stock i have in mind is some of my current fish like adult cichlas. Black arowana. Tsn, leiarius marmoratus etc...also an adult vulture cat but he may be in the risk zone perhaps ?
Id try it! Definetly help having big aquarium.i was told when i brought mine at 18" it wouldnt except any tank mates but i tried and it worked.fingers crossed for you would be great to see it works out in ur future updates

Magnus_andersson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2020
Sweden
Id try it! Definetly help having big aquarium.i was told when i brought mine at 18" it wouldnt except any tank mates but i tried and it worked.fingers crossed for you would be great to see it works out in ur future updates
I will try later on for sure. My current tank is 1920 liter, about 500 g i think. And this fall/winter i will finnish my 7000 liter (1850 g) 4*1,75*1 meter.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Can't wait to see more updates. This is something we hardly ever see here in the uk , despite how common they should be, in fact, I have never seen one in a shop in over 40 yrs.
I think your marmoratus will be at more still than your vulture and your cichlids and arawana at more risk still, not being night lovers.

Magnus_andersson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2020
Sweden
Can't wait to see more updates. This is something we hardly ever see here in the uk , despite how common they should be, in fact, I have never seen one in a shop in over 40 yrs.
I think your marmoratus will be at more still than your vulture and your cichlids and arawana at more risk still, not being night lovers.
How come that they are that rare or hardly seen in the uk? How about batrachus then? I will update you, promise

Reactions: Gok

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Don't know. Batrachus used to be really common and really cheap but you don't see them hardly as much now either.
Similar to wyckioides and mystus leucophasis, they all became that common and gained that bad a reputation with people trying to return them when they got bigger that lfs had to buy 100 a time from suppliers. No lfs wants a hundred clarias batrachus when people were buying them for community tanks!

Magnus_andersson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2020
Sweden
Don't know. Batrachus used to be really common and really cheap but you don't see them hardly as much now either.
Similar to wyckioides and mystus leucophasis, they all became that common and gained that bad a reputation with rom suppliers. No lfs wants a hundred
Similar to wyckioides and mystus leucophasis, they all became that common and gained that bad a reputation with people trying to return them when they got bigger that lfs had to buy 100 a time from suppliers. No lfs wants a hundred clarias batrachus when people were buying them for community tanks!
Ok i see. Thats a problem for many fish types sadly

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Weird to see people keeping these in aquaria, considered invasive in my part of South Africa and indigenous elsewhere. Curious to see how it grows!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store