Don’t go in the tall grass....

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Louisiana don't have them much, but we saw back during our friend house visit, kind in the woods. It's being said that bug sprayers kill them a lot and they are being extinct here in Louisiana. Couple friends from Shreveport, Baton Rouge and specially near to the rivers such as Sabine and our Ouchita river in the county..

Those bugs are beautiful and it's sad to see them fo and being extinct. In India, the old world sparrows being extinct, I remember my childhood when We used to throw some rice and wheat to invite them in our home!!

Where are those days??

Reactions: Dalfrey86

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Look what came to see me today!

View attachment 1428122
View attachment 1428123

To me this looks like one of those moths that imitates the Monarch butterfly, but I don’t have much data on insects.
Beautiful! It’s a western tiger swallowtail?

I saw a swallowtail today and ran out to take a picture. Sadly it was gone by the time I got out there. I did however end up seeing a black swallowtail instead!
989A444F-55F4-4DB4-BBF0-14548A22912C.png83878EF5-3AC4-45B3-92D1-2CD65141F26E.png

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
No, I have never seen that one either. But I have seen the black swallowtail and you’re all gonna probably grimace at the story.

I was riding over Mt Rose with a dozen other motorcyclists touring around the Tahoe lake area from our rally in Topaz Lake.

As we hit the summit, we rode into a mile wide black cloud, 100 yards high. They were smacking off of helmets and windshields & covering all the leather, chrome and shiny paint with fluffy black glue.

We punched a serious hole through that cloud, going 50 miles an hour on 800 pound motorcycles. Still we might have managed to slaughter of about 0.01% of the huge cloud.

I’ve never seen so many insects in one place at one time. When I take the bike apart to rebuild the engine some day, I will probably find 3 of them still wedged in there.

• Wow
Reactions: MrsE88 and tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store