How to dispose of very large dead fish

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Heartless cow LOL!
It's alright, i'll get my own back. I'm a fish and cat person. I don't care much for dogs. So when the dog dies i might just have a little chortle! Lol. I think i'd be subjected to a bout of eternal silent treatment. Mind you that sounds quite attractive. Lol.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
no garbage!!... your pets deserve better.. bury (i do a burial at sea with the little guys)..... they'd do it for you...:hearts:
No they wouldn't. They'd just leave me to rot where I died, maybe have a nibble if they could. Come on, have you ever seen what they do to one of their tankmates when they die? Heartless bass turds, all of them...:)

Fred Schmidt

Feeder Fish
Sep 15, 2020
My neighbours just eat them. They actually buy Redtail and other large specimens. Once the fish outgrow their 150 gallon, they feast!!!

• Angry
Reactions: esoxlucius

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
No they wouldn't. They'd just leave me to rot where I died, maybe have a nibble if they could. Come on, have you ever seen what they do to one of their tankmates when they die? Heartless bass turds, all of them...:)
:WHOA: :asianarow

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
My neighbours just eat them. They actually buy Redtail and other large specimens. Once the fish outgrow their 150 gallon, they feast!!!
Still better then most ppl just cramming a large fish into a small tank and expecting it to live there forever. Honestly imo, Amazon red tail cats shouldn't even be in the hobby do to most ppl not having a tank anywhere near large enough for em.

Reactions: lp85253

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Say a few meaningful words, then throw it in the woods.
Along with burrying I've actually done that a few times,tossed the carcass in an area where I know it would feed the creatures of the night.Give it back to nature.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Along with burrying I've actually done that a few times,tossed the carcass in an area where I know it would feed the creatures of the night.Give it back to nature.
Exactly. I usually don't even step out the back door and hope it clears the fence.

Lately though, since all of my fish have integrated, my argenteus tetras have been relieving me of undertaker duties. The other day I found them "cleaning" up what was left of this tinfoil that apparently met some sort of demise.
20200909_194918.jpg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Exactly. I usually don't even step out the back door and hope it clears the fence.

Lately though, since all of my fish have integrated, my argenteus tetras have been relieving me of undertaker duties. The other day I found them "cleaning" up what was left of this tinfoil that apparently met some sort of demise.
View attachment 1432729
Lol kind of nice when your fish do the work for ya. Just not so nice when they try to do it before it's dead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store