How to dispose of very large dead fish

waytoodeep03

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2009
florida
I have a Pleco that is about 12 inches that died this morning. Much too large to flush down the toilet. So how do you all properly dispose of such a large fish

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I cannot for the life in me flush any of my fish, even small ones, down the toilet. It sounds stupid but It just seems disrespectful to me. Lol.

A favourite of mine for small to medium fish is to bury them quite deep in the garden, so the local cats can't smell them. The goodness from their bodies goes into nourishing my plants then. It has even been known for me to say a few words! Especially when Charlie my chalceus recently passed (RIP buddy). My wife laughed her head off. Heartless cow!

When my giant gourami dies i'll more than likely cremate him in my tin bin fire. He's a right lump, i'd have to dig half my garden up to bury him! And I will definitely be having a small service for him though it could be years yet, he's only 5.

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
I cannot for the life in me flush any of my fish, even small ones, down the toilet. It sounds stupid but It just seems disrespectful to me. Lol.

A favourite of mine for small to medium fish is to bury them quite deep in the garden, so the local cats can't smell them. The goodness from their bodies goes into nourishing my plants then. It has even been known for me to say a few words! Especially when Charlie my chalceus recently passed (RIP buddy). My wife laughed her head off. Heartless cow!

When my giant gourami dies i'll more than likely cremate him in my tin bin fire. He's a right lump, i'd have to dig half my garden up to bury him! And I will definitely be having a small service for him though it could be years yet, he's only 5.
I feel ya mate. Any fish that I have the slight bit of attachment to gets buried in the yard. I feel that fish deserve the same level of respect a cat or a dog would get. Heck some fish can outlive them if given proper care, so why treat them differently?

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
no garbage!!... your pets deserve better.. bury (i do a burial at sea with the little guys)..... they'd do it for you...:hearts:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store