Never knew angel fish grew humps

Username...

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2021
Wow, that actually is very interesting, I haven't ever seen a angelfish with a hump. I don't really know what else to say about it but it could be a hybrid of some sort but I doubt that, idk much about angelfish or any hybrids really.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Wow, that actually is very interesting, I haven't ever seen a angelfish with a hump. I don't really know what else to say about it but it could be a hybrid of some sort but I doubt that, idk much about angelfish or any hybrids really.
It's perfectly natural for most XL sized males to grow a bit of a kok on their forehead. Some just grow their's out sooner then others. I currently have a male with a decent size kok on his head. Lol I'll try to take a pic of him once I get home, of he'll even sit still that is.

Reactions: tlindsey and BIG-G

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Yeah I get that a lot.
Ugh just makes me want to get myself a female Festae lol. Love the coloration they get, the males are nice too don't get me wrong but they're no where near as good looking as the females imo. Lol maybe once I get my 80g resealed I'll go looking for a handful of babies to grow out. Wonder what I would get if I was to cross one with a FH or texas cichlid.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane Have you seen this thread?
Festae x jag And Festae x Dovii and what’s supposed to be a Festae x Texas farther down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane Have you seen this thread?
Festae x jag And Festae x Dovii and what’s supposed to be a Festae x Texas farther down.
That Festae x Jag and Festae x Texas looked real nice. The Festae x Dovii just looked like a small Dovii for the most part so it didn't flip my trigger as much as the other 2 did. The Festae x Jag looked almost like a taller yellow jacket cichlid while the Festae x Texas looked allot like an unfaded Red Texas. Lot of nice looking hybrids in there tho.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store