My rainbow shark

Astoria

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2021
USA
www.youtube.com
The fish is in a 29 gallon tank with giant danios. I have a Petco, castle/cave that he was hanging in and some small plants.

The last two days the fish has been outside the castle and basically sitting motionless on a fake plant

Yesterday I did a water change, added aquarium salt, and turned off the lights. Doesnt seem to have helped the situation. I apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Does he still go around or sit there all day? They aren’t the most active to begin with. Sounds to me like he just has a new favorite spot.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I would monitor to see if it gets worse, but he sounds fine to me. I remember mine not being too active.

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
The fish is in a 29 gallon tank with giant danios. I have a Petco, castle/cave that he was hanging in and some small plants.

The last two days the fish has been outside the castle and basically sitting motionless on a fake plant

Yesterday I did a water change, added aquarium salt, and turned off the lights. Doesnt seem to have helped the situation. I apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum
I recently acquired two rainbow sharks. One has stayed largely motionless and the other one swims all over the place. Occasionally they both chase each other around the 55 gallon tank which the share with a 4” Flowerhorn. I love their look but am still getting a sense of their individual personalities.
197AA784-FAAF-4C20-8E09-50B7EE51AAA5.jpeg

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
They may be prone to fighting in a 55. They don’t really like other sharks.

Reactions: tlindsey

0wen_96

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2020
Wallingford, PA
I recently acquired two rainbow sharks. One has stayed largely motionless and the other one swims all over the place. Occasionally they both chase each other around the 55 gallon tank which the share with a 4” Flowerhorn. I love their look but am still getting a sense of their individual personalities.
View attachment 1449133
you're lucky that your flowerhorn hasn't eaten them yet lmao. my flowerhorn would've been like "oh, an expensive dinner today"

• Haha
Reactions: Poseidon2.0

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Red tails get slightly larger than rainbows. Not by much but the extra 1-2 inches goes a long way.
Black sharkminnows get a few feet I believe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store