Oh Deer!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I'm serious lol. My school has a 0 tolerance policy. So 1 strike. And that is considered a curse word here in broojlyn
Brooklyn must have changed a lot since what I’ve heard about it in the 80s...

Reactions: tlindsey

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Ya im not so fond of that word but no one at my school enforces it so kids say it all the time which I think is not great I mean its not the worst word out there but I still dont think its necessary. Sorry if I sounded Like a Karen there lol well im a dude so whats the male version of a Karen?

Reactions: KATALEKEEPER

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
Ya im not so fond of that word but no one at my school enforces it so kids say it all the time which I think is not great I mean its not the worst word out there but I still dont think its necessary. Sorry if I sounded Like a Karen there lol well im a dude so whats the male version of a Karen?
terry, kevin, ken, steve, or kyle

• Haha
Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

Mr. Mom

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Alberta
I hunt too. ?

And as for deer populations, it is different here in Canada opposed to the U.S. (I should know, I used to shoot American deer that crossed into Canada). But it's done through draws via Fish and Game. They're constantly tracking numbers. Too many = extra tags. I'm part of an outdoorsmen group, aka conservationists.
I grew up on a farm, along the U.S/Canada border. In Alberta. I've seen Rattlesnakes, Scorpions, mule deer, white tail, Elk, the rare Moose (too warm and dry down there, they look haggard) the rarer Black Bear (following the river down from the mountains).
When I was 16 I moved to the Rockie Mountains in B.C. Working as a ranch hand/loggers helper. It's where I first encounter a Grizzly Bear and got to see the damage they can inflict firsthand.
Another time I was checking fence, alone (we always had a dog with us no matter what). I could hear breathing and such, kept looking at the dog as she heard it too.
So I stopped and leaned against a tree, trying to figure out what to do .... The dog sat down and looked at me, then looked up the tree I was leaning against .... There was a 3 yr old black bear above me. The dog and I calmly walked away.
I've been in a city now for 22yrs. Once or twice a year, a moose wanders into my neighborhood. Sometimes deer (mainly mule deer) but fortunately there's wildlife all around here. Not to mention the parks within driving distance (Banff, Jasper, Kananaskis, Crowsnest Pass to name a few)
But I do miss the farmyard. Living in the country, takes a special breed. One day I'll be back there.

Reactions: jjohnwm and Deadeye

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
KATALEKEEPER KATALEKEEPER , yes. Apparently I am not allowed to say it. You can look up the worst words, and people don’t get on probation.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store