Favorite music?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Thats some cool bands to have seen live. Nirvana only toured here once, apparently they werent very good due to cobains "stomach problems"
A question for you though, when you saw these bands when they were upcoming were they really that good, I mean could you see the potential of what they would become. I ask because if you see a documentary about them everyone will say " i was at their 3rd show and could tell they were going to conquer the world man" but if you see footage or hear a bootleg most bands dont really sound great when starting out. I always wondered if it was due to poor recording quality and you really needed to be there to get the full effect. or its just hindsight and people acting like they knew they were witnessing the birth of something great, not just seeing a band in a bar.Just something ive always wondered.

I think 3 days of the grateful dead would be more than enough for anyone, the way theystretch out the jams when play live they might have even got through 5 songs!
Back in the day....I saw this band live at a local metal bar. I loved their vibe and the music sounded great, I was so hyped to go out and get their cd the next day. Cds were new at the time. First thing I went to the local harmony house ( music stores were a thing) and found their debut album, I purchased it immediately. When I got out to my truck I opened it, first thing I noticed was the album title was different from the cover to the side and inside. I thought that was weird. I popped the cd in and started listening, it sounded like it was recorded in a tin can at the bottom of the ocean. Terrible recording, poor continuity on the cover work. Obviously there were two working titles and some where along the line someone didn't get a memo.

Back to the live performance from the previous night. The front man started talking about their up coming album and they were going to play a song from that album which was going to be their first song with a video and radio air play. I loved it. That song still gets played on the radio today.

So who is this band? You may know them you have probably heard of their front man now a days anyway. The band only had 3 albums before the front man went "out on his own". White zombie. Fronted by Rob Zombie, who has gone on to do lots of albums, and has written and directed movies.

I'm not saying they are everyone's taste in music or the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if I wouldn't have seen them live in that crummy metal bar and went by that first album I would have never been a fan. That's probably not 100% true they got a lot of air play through the years. But yes live shows can make the difference for sure! I still have that cd I pop it in from time to time still can't get all the way through it....lol.

CaptainAquatics

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
My favorite band right now has to be Diamond Eyes. They have some really interesting music with meaningful backgrounds. My favorite is 23 or gravity. Both really good songs. Unknown brain had some good ones too, I recommend dancing on the moon for them.

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
Back in the day....I saw this band live at a local metal bar. I loved their vibe and the music sounded great, I was so hyped to go out and get their cd the next day. Cds were new at the time. First thing I went to the local harmony house ( music stores were a thing) and found their debut album, I purchased it immediately. When I got out to my truck I opened it, first thing I noticed was the album title was different from the cover to the side and inside. I thought that was weird. I popped the cd in and started listening, it sounded like it was recorded in a tin can at the bottom of the ocean. Terrible recording, poor continuity on the cover work. Obviously there were two working titles and some where along the line someone didn't get a memo.

Back to the live performance from the previous night. The front man started talking about their up coming album and they were going to play a song from that album which was going to be their first song with a video and radio air play. I loved it. That song still gets played on the radio today.

So who is this band? You may know them you have probably heard of their front man now a days anyway. The band only had 3 albums before the front man went "out on his own". White zombie. Fronted by Rob Zombie, who has gone on to do lots of albums, and has written and directed movies.

I'm not saying they are everyone's taste in music or the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if I wouldn't have seen them live in that crummy metal bar and went by that first album I would have never been a fan. That's probably not 100% true they got a lot of air play through the years. But yes live shows can make the difference for sure! I still have that cd I pop it in from time to time still can't get all the way through it....lol.
lol. Great horror movie directer

Reactions: twentyleagues

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
I like very synthy music,
like sweet dreams by eurythmatics, and the wkend.
I also like smooth jazz and classical.
I also like bossa nova cause my mom is brazilian
then on the other side of the music spectrum I like playboi carti and lil uzi vert, who I would say are also very influenced by synthy sounds

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
You know he turned down Metallicas offer to be their bassist when they lost Jason. Lol. I thought that was pretty great. Not that I hate them or anything they've just changed a lot (attitude).
Yeah I have read that.
There’s also a story of Ozzy needing a guitarist for one of the Ozfest and trying out Big B. Ozzy Told him to loose the bucket and called him by his name “Brian” buckethead replied no one calls be Brian but my Mom.

Buckethead has got to be the best, at the very least top 3 guitarist of all time.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Yeah I have read that.
There’s also a story of Ozzy needing a guitarist for one of the Ozfest and trying out Big B. Ozzy Told him to loose the bucket and called him by his name “Brian” buckethead replied no one calls be Brian but my Mom.

Buckethead has got to be the best, at the very least top 3 guitarist of all time.
Yeah I screwed that up. It was primus that turned them down for the bassist spot... I did hear about the Ozzy thing though. I remember Buckethead had some invitation from Metallica for something but just played a few songs with them on a tour I believe. There was an interview with Jason in which he said Buckethead was sweating profusely and Jason said why don't you take off that army jacket? Buckethead replied something like I like to feel I'm at war while playing. Lol hes a funny guy for sure.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Yeah I screwed that up. It was primus that turned them down for the bassist spot... I did hear about the Ozzy thing though. I remember Buckethead had some invitation from Metallica for something but just played a few songs with them on a tour I believe. There was an interview with Jason in which he said Buckethead was sweating profusely and Jason said why don't you take off that army jacket? Buckethead replied something like I like to feel I'm at war while playing. Lol hes a funny guy for sure.
You are referring to the story of Les claypool (primus) trying out for Metallica and supposedly they turned him down because he was too good.
It’s easy to get the stories crossed up because Buckethead played with primus for a while, and then there’s G and R which to me it’s crazy to think of someone like buckethead and his skills playing for Guns and Roses.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
You are referring to the story of Les claypool (primus) trying out for Metallica and supposedly they turned him down because he was too good.
It’s easy to get the stories crossed up because Buckethead played with primus for a while, and then there’s G and R which to me it’s crazy to think of someone like buckethead and his skills playing for Guns and Roses.
I was just gonna say, my favorite buckethead stuff was his collaboration with les. Wish they would do it again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store