Apr 8, 2021
Price
Region
Middle Atlantic Coast
State
New York
Pickup or shipping
Shipping or Pickup
Hey, so i have this yellow koi fish for about 2 years now but he has out grown THREE tanks, He is now in a 75 gal tank and he can barely turn. I am looking for some one to take him off my hands or might consider building a pond. But I am located in New York and it very cold out doors. I am open to negotiation on pricing. Serious inquiries only. PLEASE HELP!!IMG_4013.jpegIMG_4010.jpeg

Last edited:

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
Gonna be honest here. You will be hard pressed to find someone to pay 1200 in order to help out your fish.

If you are serious about the 1200, more information would be helpful (Breeder/line, etc.) because to me, with my experience in koi, this does not appear to be a show koi to carry that kind of price.

Better pictures, and more information regarding the specifics of this fish will help you!

All the best!

KoiFIshKing

Feeder Fish
Apr 8, 2021
Gonna be honest here. You will be hard pressed to find someone to pay 1200 in order to help out your fish.

If you are serious about the 1200, more information would be helpful (Breeder/line, etc.) because to me, with my experience in koi, this does not appear to be a show koi to carry that kind of price.

Better pictures, and more information regarding the specifics of this fish will help you!

All the best!

Thank you so much for your help! do you have any ideas for a good list price?

ptgabrys

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hello, I do agree with the statement above, unless this is a Japanese import from a reputable breeder, it's going to be very hard to find someone to buy this fish for that price. However, I'm located in Bucks County PA and do have a 6000gal koi pond that this yamabuki ogon would thrive in and would gladly take him off of your hands.

Reactions: phreeflow

tigrinner

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2018
Like other members mentioned, if you have online bill of receipt that can prove the koi's pedigree, and justify the price tag, it will a hard sell at that price. also this forum is not really heavy into koi fish, maybe you would have better luck on a koi forum, but i am sure they will wanna see documentation as well for the price tag

Reactions: fishhead0103666

KoiFIshKing

Feeder Fish
Apr 8, 2021
Hello, I do agree with the statement above, unless this is a Japanese import from a reputable breeder, it's going to be very hard to find someone to buy this fish for that price. However, I'm located in Bucks County PA and do have a 6000gal koi pond that this yamabuki ogon would thrive in and would gladly take him off of your hands.
Hey thanks I appreciate the input, take him off my hands as in for free? I'll possibly get on the koi forum to see the best pond to build for him.

KoiFIshKing

Feeder Fish
Apr 8, 2021
Like other members mentioned, if you have online bill of receipt that can prove the koi's pedigree, and justify the price tag, it will a hard sell at that price. also this forum is not really heavy into koi fish, maybe you would have better luck on a koi forum, but i am sure they will wanna see documentation as well for the price tag
Thanks! I will look into that. do you know any good koi forums?

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hey thanks I appreciate the input, take him off my hands as in for free? I'll possibly get on the koi forum to see the best pond to build for him.
You kinda have 2 options. Do what is best for the fish and give him to someone who is equipped to take care of him, or make it about money, try and sell it and in all likelihood the fish will die, and both you and the fish will lose.

If this koi were properly conditioned, someone may buy it for 100 bucks but your best bet in the interest of the animal is to rehome it to someone that can take care of it. That $100 is the biggest maybe I can possible express, and even as it sits, is not worth that. These fish should never be in aquariums and the fact that this guy has been for 2 years basically is going to take away any value it may have as a pond fish because it is likely to have issues later on in life, and at the very minimum, will have to be reconditioned after being kept in inadequate conditions for so long.

All that being said, we are here to help you in any way we can, and if you have more questions, let us know!

KoiFIshKing

Feeder Fish
Apr 8, 2021
You kinda have 2 options. Do what is best for the fish and give him to someone who is equipped to take care of him, or make it about money, try and sell it and in all likelihood the fish will die, and both you and the fish will lose.

If this koi were properly conditioned, someone may buy it for 100 bucks but your best bet in the interest of the animal is to rehome it to someone that can take care of it. That $100 is the biggest maybe I can possible express, and even as it sits, is not worth that. These fish should never be in aquariums and the fact that this guy has been for 2 years basically is going to take away any value it may have as a pond fish because it is likely to have issues later on in life, and at the very minimum, will have to be reconditioned after being kept in inadequate conditions for so long.

All that being said, we are here to help you in any way we can, and if you have more questions, let us know!

okay thanks! Pond it is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store