75g New Scape

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
So I setup my 75 a little while back and I really didn’t like it. I’m on a tight budget and I spent like 40$ to make it nice and ofc I didn’t like it. Well I did a lot better this time. I think lol. But the wood and decor still has to sink so I’ll make sure to update as it goes I also need more sand on the bottom to cover up the only stuff, keeping barely any of the last stuff is what is really messing it up lol. But I was really happy I got a huge nice piece of wood and some amazing natural looking stuff. For like 2-3$ and ofc some real plants robmcd robmcd got on me about my other post saying the fake plants weren’t plants. These ones are!?image.jpgimage.jpg

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’d say the main thing that would make the tank look better would be a change of lighting, this one is too bright and harsh which gives it a glare, I personally find that most tanks suffer from incorrect lighting. Tannins would look great with that driftwood.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I’d say the main thing that would make the tank look better would be a change of lighting, this one is too bright and harsh which gives it a glare, I personally find that most tanks suffer from incorrect lighting. Tannins would look great with that driftwood.
I agree, Is there anyone's that you know of that would be best?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Great scape!
Maybe fluval aquasky. Good light for plants but spectrum can be adjusted to make it look how you want.
What stock were you thinking?

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Great scape!
Maybe fluval aquasky. Good light for plants but spectrum can be adjusted to make it look how you want.
What stock were you thinking?
Thanks! I have no idea for stock. I was thinking Jewel cichlids but theres so many options idk.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Any preferences? Super aggressive, interactive, community, two or more of the above?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I hope! Is there anything I should add? besides more sand lmao. But decor wise. I got some white stones for the base around the branch when it sinks, but Idk what else can help.
Wait it out and it’ll sink before u know it. Agree with adding the tannins. If u can raise the light or add some floating plants should help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store