75g New Scape

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Wait it out and it’ll sink before u know it. Agree with adding the tannins. If u can raise the light or add some floating plants should help.
Yeah, I hope it sinks tomorrow i'd like to get it scaped before my hockey game. Would duckweed be good?

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Large neon school plus dwarf cichlids? If you are up for the challenge maybe Amazon puffers?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Yeah, I hope it sinks tomorrow i'd like to get it scaped before my hockey game. Would duckweed be good?
I’m not a huge fan of regular duckweed (I use giant, more attractive). Very good plant nonetheless. Grows fast and sucks up nitrates.
What kind of wood. That makes a difference in sinking speed due to density and such. My manzanita took about a week and were 20-24 inches.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I’m not a huge fan of regular duckweed (I use giant, more attractive). Very good plant nonetheless. Grows fast and sucks up nitrates.
What kind of wood. That makes a difference in sinking speed due to density and such. My manzanita took about a week and were 20-24 inches.
Its a mangrove root, so im not to sure. Any ideas for floating plants?

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Nice looking tank although if it was my tank I would remove the white pebbles you would not find pebbles like that close to black sand in nature but whatever you like. I would maybe add frogbit for a floating plant.
I'll see what it looks like when its all done. If it looks bad ill take it out.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Its a mangrove root, so im not to sure. Any ideas for floating plants?
Not sure on that one. Others may know better. Assume around a week plus.
Good Floaters are giant duckweed, hornwort, red root floaters, and frog bit. All are very easy and require very little care.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Large neon school plus dwarf cichlids? If you are up for the challenge maybe Amazon puffers?
Just realized as well. I still have the jaguar cat in the tank too. Don't usually notice him because he always hides. But I cant get something that he will eat or that will pick on him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store