unofficial fish of the week artwork

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Another one of my favourite fish, yet I've never kept them. I think there's just something magical about the colour blue in aquarium fish, and the frontosa outshines any other in that respect.

View attachment 1462596
Your drawings are amazing!!
I’m not sure if I’m allowed or if you’d even be interested....but....I wouldn’t mind commissioning you for a zebra pleco drawing. I would pay you for your work and pay for the shipping to Canada. I know your going to say but shipping is too much but I assure you I’m not really concerned with cost of shipping.

I would love to have something to frame for my non existent fish room lol

Reactions: esoxlucius

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Your drawings are amazing!!
I’m not sure if I’m allowed or if you’d even be interested....but....I wouldn’t mind commissioning you for a zebra pleco drawing. I would pay you for your work and pay for the shipping to Canada. I know your going to say but shipping is too much but I assure you I’m not really concerned with cost of shipping.

I would love to have something to frame for my non existent fish room lol
Here. I call it Stripy Fish. I’ll figure out shipping cost lolo

image.jpg

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
  • Haha
Reactions: Caveden and Niki_up

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
How old are you? It’s amazing!
Thank you, I am 53 years young!

Each drawing gets better than the last one, looks like you are getting back into the groove now
Yeah, it's coming back to me now, lol. The new prismacolor pencils I've got are nothing like I've ever used before. Very vibrant, heavily pigmented but extremely waxy. I'm having to learn all over again about grading, layering, blending and such.

I'm slowly working my way up to what I consider to be an extremely difficult piece, a vieja synspilum/melanura in full breeding dress. It's just a rainbow with fins basically, lol. Blending is key with a piece like that.

That is my goal at the minute but I've got a few more to do before I attempt that one.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Just discovered this thread; esoxlucius esoxlucius you have blown my mind. Outstanding work! Absolutely beautiful. Beautiful 3D perspective on those pics.

You talk funny but you sure can doodle...:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store