native dithers for pelvicachromis?

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I never really thought of plant spawning killies as dithers, I considered them more centerpieces themselves. I also thought they'd end up either being too fragile to handle the cichlids or aggressors themselves. Then again I also haven't kept a pelvicachromis species in around a decade.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I never really thought of plant spawning killies as dithers, I considered them more centerpieces themselves. I also thought they'd end up either being too fragile to handle the cichlids or aggressors themselves. Then again I also haven't kept a pelvicachromis species in around a decade.
Kribs def aren’t peaceful. Not as bad as a large cichlid, but mine claimed half of a 60 and let nothing past. They killed a rainbow shark to defend fry, my convict hasn’t even gone psycho yet.

Reactions: Bbuckley

lunsforj

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2009
corvallis, OR
Killies are good, clown killies especially, as they are active swimmers and come from roughly the same area. Smaller tetras to consider are Adonis and jelly bean tetras. These are found more northwestern of the congo regions. Most pelvicachromis originate from these areas as well. Other larger tetras such as alestes come from this area as well.

Reactions: Milingu and Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store