What are you cooking today.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
It smells amazing. The smell is similar to Chinese take out. Don’t know why but that’s what it makes me think of View attachment 1474959
Chinese tanke out!?! Panda Express better not be selling Mekong Giant Catfish or Redtail Catfish in their Chow Mein!

• Haha
Reactions: Rtc/tsn

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It smells amazing. The smell is similar to Chinese take out. Don’t know why but that’s what it makes me think of View attachment 1474959
Are you deep frying them? I would have fried them with just a knob of butter and salt and pepper, and maybe a squeeze of lemon juice.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
I would have fried them with just a knob of butter and salt and pepper, and maybe a squeeze of lemon juice
knob! I love it! It sounds casual, but formal at the same time. You brits come up with the best words!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Pan fry with all the seasoning as always
That oil looks pretty deep, I prefer extreme shallow fry, but each to their own I suppose.

Is there any fish you actually won't eat? You seem to take home every fish you ever catch, lol.

knob! I love it! It sounds casual, but formal at the same time. You brits come up with the best words!
Don't tell me you've never heard of a knob of butter? Man what is wrong with you people, lol.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
That oil looks pretty deep, I prefer extreme shallow fry, but each to their own I suppose.

Is there any fish you actually won't eat? You seem to take home every fish you ever catch, lol.

Don't tell me you've never heard of a knob of butter? Man what is wrong with you people, lol.
I came up with the idea a while but don’t know if I posted it or not but I plan on trying as many freshwater species as possible in my life and comparing them to what it’s said about them and compare them to each other. I plan on having a chart but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I came up with the idea a while but don’t know if I posted it or not but I plan on trying as many freshwater species as possible in my life and comparing them to what it’s said about them and compare them to each other. I plan on having a chart but haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Cool idea, though if you ever get round to eating the tiger pufferfish you might want to do so with extreme caution, lol.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Doesn’t even look like catfish meat. image.jpgHoly crap. I just tasted it and I think I’m addicted. It tasted exactly like lobster dipped in melted butter with lemon.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
A 'knob' of butter would probably get you something around 4 sticks of butter here because we take pride in our grease!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store