unofficial fish of the week artwork

Arnetta

Feeder Fish
Aug 12, 2021
That, my friend, is pretty much on the money. You've missed out the relevance of the book and misinterpreted the meaning of the number 7, but i'm impressed.

The clues are the clock, number 7, the key, the brick wall, the hearts on the book, and of course the sad looking miserable fish in cramped conditions with white spot, the worse case of HITH you've ever seen, and part washed out colours (vibrant at the front end, dull blue/grey at the rear).

And the message, in full is....

Sometimes, in this hobby we all LOVE, it can feel like you're banging your head against a BRICK WALL. The KEY to success, and to avoid UNNECESSARY SUFFERING TO YOUR FISH is RESEARCH, a lot of TIME, and a bit of LUCK along the way.

A great message I think, and not a bad first attempt at a bit of abstract, even if I say so myself, lol

Not all my future pieces will have a message, nor will they be fish related, but if they do have a message, it will stay with me. It is up to the viewer to interpret what's going on in the piece. Artists like nothing more than a group of people gathered around their work discussing the mystery that is in front of them, even though, at times, and especially with modern art, it may be just a couple of squiggles and shapes, lol.

Oh and by the way, many of you know that I now need glasses. I didn't realise just how bad my eyes were until I started drawing again. Well my glasses, although they help considerably, are not enough. I need bright white light too so yesterday my new fully adjustable magnifying lamp came. Yes, it has a built in magnifying glass which helps with detail work. It clamps to the table top and you adjust time tracking software accordingly to your needs. I love it.

View attachment 1469107
Great! I really like to draw! Sooo much

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Interesting piece; it captures the essence of what many MFK keepers like in a tank. Big fish...jammed into tight quarters...forced to synchronize their motions because only one at a time can turn around...the look of horror and pathos on their faces is frightfully accurate. Well done! :thumbsup:

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Interesting piece; it captures the essence of what many MFK keepers like in a tank. Big fish...jammed into tight quarters...forced to synchronize their motions because only one at a time can turn around...the look of horror and pathos on their faces is frightfully accurate. Well done! :thumbsup:
I was going to completely fill it with just fish, but I was afraid I might get flamed for promoting JDM style tanks! So I thought I'd stock it in an appropriate manner. See, even in my artwork my maturity as a fishkeeper just shines through, lol.

My artwork has had to take a backseat for a while. The past couple of months have been busy, and these past few days, in preparation for the builders coming round, have been manic.

But i'll start again once the home scene settles down a bit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store