Row V. Wade

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Back in the late 1950's a friend's father had a 1954 Cadillac. The trunk was big enough to hold a 5HP outboard, a tent and all the camping gear for three. My friend and i were around 12 years old. His father would rent a dock boat with oars. The outboard was used to run us out to a fishing area. Then one of us boys had to row while the other two fished. it was always one of us boys who rowed. I got pretty good at rowing.

later in life I started fly fishing. I even had waders. I would wade in the shallow parts of rivers. Caught some nice smallmouth bass in a section of Clinch River in TN. The bottom was too uneven and wound up turning my ankles. I did use a neoprene wader in the Smoky MT's during winter one time. Too cold even with the thick wader. I sometimes waded in the Cumberland River between Harlan and Pineville KY.

I pretty much have given up wading and now have an electric trolling motor for my boat.

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Depends on how deep the water is for a start! Wade in shallowish rivers, boat in deeper water.

But I believe that a lot of modern day anglers use something like this now which is sort of a halfway house between the two....

fishing-float-tube-fisherman-fight-against-pike-man-sitting-inflatable-boat-use-flippers-to-mo...jpg

Reactions: skjl47

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Oh I know, you wouldn't catch me dead in one of those things, and I'm from the UK, lol. Using one in waters where you come from, well, you just wouldn't do it, lol.

My post was just a weak attempt at taking Jeff's post in its literal sense, as opposed to its cryptic one! Genius post S skjl47 . Lol.

Reactions: aussieman57

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So did that goose escape the jaws of that croc?

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
So did that goose escape the jaws of that croc?
Looking at the stomach area of the croc in the picture where it meets the water there are no splashes, which suggests to me the picture was snapped whilst the croc was still in an upward trajectory, and possibly at speed!...potentially not very good for the goose.

My money is on the croc having goose for lunch, lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looking at the stomach area of the croc in the picture where it meets the water there are no splashes, which suggests to me the picture was snapped whilst the croc was still in an upward trajectory, and possibly at speed!...potentially not very good for the goose.

My money is on the croc having goose for lunch, lol.
Good call.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store