Oh Deer!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's funny I live in the city not real far from some wooded areas. But a very busy area of the city. There's a side road that I take to work which is about a mile from where I live. The side road goes behind a shopping center with Walmart sam's and what used to be a Lowe's (?) also another strip with stores and restaurants. Again this is a very busy area. Recently I've seen deer (small heard), turkeys, ground hogs, rabbits, and I've seen a fox twice in the last couple weeks. The area is lightly wooded and large fields. Pretty sure if life as we know it ceased to be this city would return to nature quite quickly.
.....reminds me of a documentary I saw a few years ago called After Man.It described how much time would pass before nature eventually overtook most developed areas. It was pretty interesting.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
.....reminds me of a documentary I saw a few years ago called After Man.It described how much time would pass before nature eventually overtook most developed areas. It was pretty interesting.
I think I saw that. Is it the one where it was based in the future with no humans. It followed the eventual demise of buildings, cars, basically everything man made. And how grasslands and forests would quickly overtake what were once cities. I was intrigued by it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think I remember that mini series too. Kinda sorta remember that most skyscrapers would just start collapsing in about 500 years.
Yep and trees and weeds would eventually beak up all the sidewalks lol.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
This has actually happened in real life, but on a relatively small scale compared to globally.

The Chernobyl disaster in Northern Ukraine in 1986 rendered the close city of Pripyat inhabitable and was virtually abandoned overnight.

I've seen a couple of eerie documentaries on this city, which has been completely taken over by nature now. Buildings are still standing as it was only about 35 years ago.

The documentary guys went into the old school and the children's books were still on the tables, it was very strange to watch, yet fascinating too.

It could be hundreds of years before it's safe for people to go back, by which time the whole area will be a huge forest?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Someone did concept art of what a post apocalyptic Disney world would look like…that’s pure nightmare fuel.

Reactions: jjohnwm

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Someone did concept art of what a post apocalyptic Disney world would look like…that’s pure nightmare fuel.
I wouldn't mind seeing that.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store