Motaguense.. whoever's got them post them and what's the biggest you've ever seen or heard of....

joegriggs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2016
Finally managed to get some pics. Let me know what you think their sex is. I'm thinking first is female and second is male at the moment.
IMG_1738.JPG IMG_1753.JPG

Reactions: cich78

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I agree the first photo looks female and I'm sure I can see small very small dots on head of second photo.

joegriggs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2016
I agree the first photo looks female and I'm sure I can see small very small dots on head of second photo.
Yep, that's where I notice. The majority under and on the gill cover.

Reactions: RealCrix220

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
I'm in agreement with that .... first one definitely a female the second one looks like it could be a male... In addition to on the body there are small spots developing on the unpaired fins... From what I've noticed you may see some small spots on females at that size as well but they begin to fade while the males continue to develop.....

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Still would like to see more Motaguense. Big or small,and not limited to Red tigers... Anyone out there with gold Mota feel free to post as well... My question again is what is the maximum size of the species.... I've had mine two years eight months and some change... Presently I estimate mine at slightly over 12 inches ,would like to know are any 15, 16 or more inch ones out there....in a large home aquarium?.. a public aquarium?.... I feel like Jeremy Wade in search of the legendary monster mota lol...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store