Motaguense.. whoever's got them post them and what's the biggest you've ever seen or heard of....

joegriggs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2016
Nice female and nice picture/ pose... Sorry to hear about the male Good luck in growing out another male for her... If you can,post some pictures of your small ones so we could all have fun in identifying the possible male .. I pride myself on being able to tell the sex of small motaguense although they're the easiest of parachromis to sex lol....
Cheers. Haha, yes definitely. That would be very helpful. They're already starting to show some colour and markings! I'll do my best to try and grab some pics after wc's this weekend.

Reactions: cich78

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
I appreciate that the 'humpback' may not be everyone's cup of tea... but I love it! I think with such a thick set heavy fish it makes him look like a gym freak monster! And with a species called red tiger it just fits the persona perfectly in my eyes... sadly all my 3 are believed to be female.

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
I appreciate that the 'humpback' may not be everyone's cup of tea... but I love it! I think with such a thick set heavy fish it makes him look like a gym freak monster! And with a species called red tiger it just fits the persona perfectly in my eyes... sadly all my 3 are believed to be female.
Yes I like the full bodied look that many species of cichlids can attain...when given a choice in picking out a male speciamen I think we all go for the largest one, which is what I did in selecting mine. he had a larger and more masculine head shape compared to the others he was with and i definitely wanted one with monster potential.......here is another pic from a couple years back ......

IMG_20150109_161442_310.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store