here 4 help please

luckitri

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2017
I ended up in hospital again so the kids had to finish for me & they didn't do filters or salt & they didn't do it again today as promised and he doesn't look better to me. I just got home and he didn't even greet me. They had told me he was better but I am not seeing it and too weak to do it myself so I am going to put the 2 Tbsp salt in for now and try not to get angry at the younger generation cause I don't get how they excuse not helping.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I'm sorry you don't have any help.
If there was a way ,I would come take care of your fish till you could do it yourself.
Hope you feel better soon, both of you.

luckitri

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2017
I'm sorry you don't have any help.
If there was a way ,I would come take care of your fish till you could do it yourself.
Hope you feel better soon, both of you.
Awwww! Thx. Just changed the water. Used the garden hose to refill cuz my body doesn't want to do all those buckets. There weren't any more bubbles when I siphoned the water out. He moved towards the hose still laying on his left side on the bottom and I wasn't sure if it was his natural hostility to intruders or the water but I soon got my answer cuz when I turned the hose off he left the area. He didn't like the salt last night and moved away from it so not sure if I should put more in or not. The temperature decreased by 2.6 - could have been because it was in the room air. This being central Arizona I think the hose water temperature probably really close to tank temperature cause it's going back up to 80 now. He swam around a bit and is laying on the bottom again. Gills flapping. Filters haven't had any gunk in them long time now. Will have to clean them later. Is there hope or am I just prolonging his misery? Last night he positioned himself to hold eye contact with me but not now.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
If he is able to swim around there's still hope.
If your not seeing any positive changes with the salt don't add it anymore just do the regular water change and the salt levels will gradually be lowered.

luckitri

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2017
If he is able to swim around there's still hope.
If your not seeing any positive changes with the salt don't add it anymore just do the regular water change and the salt levels will gradually be lowered.
Thx. He just lifted his head and bit to respond to me. My son keeps saying it's probably old age. Don't know how long these live and he was full grown when we got him 14 years ago. . . but the tank water was bad too. He has slowed down just as we have. The people that had him were overloaded. He lived in a dark bedroom with little interactions . At first he would build huge gravel towers to hide from us - stopped that years ago. Sometimes I think that they are just as smart as we are but have no way to tell us. But if I was late cleaning he would dismantle the filter intake so the noise would clue me.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Yeah, sadly if he's that old he may be coming to an end. So he could be 15 or more?

luckitri

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2017
Yeah, sadly if he's that old he may be coming to an end. So he could be 15 or more?
Yes. IDK how long it takes them to grow to adult size. Been awhile since I looked so since I am back in the ER I'll see if there's new information.

luckitri

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2017
Yes. IDK how long it takes them to grow to adult size. Been awhile since I looked so since I am back in the ER I'll see if there's new information.
I'm hearing that Charlie is up and weakly swimming about inspecting his tank (he is VERY attached to his decor and how it is placed. ) This is so unbelievably wonderful to me to hear.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Great to hear. Hope things are getting better for you both.

luckitri

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2017
Charlie stuck laying on his left side on bottom. He really can't come up any more. Me stabilized for moment but still ill & honestly brain compromised also. Not well enough for water changes & no help. Tried to hand feed - fail. I swear they understand us telepathically somehow. Was searching euthanasia as I fear myself too physically frail for a successful Anthonyfish style big bash got to get it right the first time. As I searched Charlie suddenly became animated towards me in his position and I am too dumb and human to get what he's trying to tell me.

Decided that I must sell tank and filters etc - everything. Much as I have enjoyed this it's the right thing to do. IDT Charlie is ready to go but I am too ill to follow your advice on daily water changes so . . . .

Thanks for being a community - doesn't seem to exist anymore in the real world. I still haven't figured out the euthanasia thing for such a big boy (my brain is fuzzy now but at least I know why) so I am always thankful for your help. Will have to wait till next month anyways if I have to buy something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store