Fh hasnt eaten since Wednesday.

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Yes, no problem. The goldfish thing works (not that it's very fair to the goldfish!) but takes more like 3 or 4 weeks...sometimes longer.

Sandra Heitchue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
Yes, no problem. The goldfish thing works (not that it's very fair to the goldfish!) but takes more like 3 or 4 weeks...sometimes longer.
Ok yeah I think they were in the tank for 8 days and I got excited when I found a fh breeder in my city and jumped the gun getting one

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Lol, these things happen! We'll try to get you and your FH through this! Lesson to take away: fish keeping is really more about bacteria keeping. Keep your bb happy and you can successfully keep just about any fish.

Sandra Heitchue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
Yes, it really is interesting. I always thought you stick a fish in a bowl and feed it and youre done. Lol. I will be going in the morning to get my test kit. I will let you know what the levels are !

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Sounds good. Read and follow the instructions carefully...especially the nitrate test. You really gotta shake the crap out of test bottle #2. It's got disolved solids and it will give you a low reading if you don't shake it enough

Reactions: tlindsey

Sandra Heitchue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
Sounds good. Read and follow the instructions carefully...especially the nitrate test. You really gotta shake the crap out of test bottle #2. It's got disolved solids and it will give you a low reading if you don't shake it enough
My husband uses the API reef master kit so I think I'll leave the testing to him ! Lol

Sandra Heitchue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
Bigfishnut Bigfishnut I am testing my water now. I will post results when I'm done if you are available at the moment !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store