Illegal fish questions

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
These are the same bureaucrats that allow upwards of 50 million wild clown loaches to be exported every year, with the top Asian aro exporter (Singapore) that does not even regulate adult CL sizes, such as they do in Indonesia. (to protect adult breeders) All the while watching their native waters being destroyed by gold mining, palm tree plantations, and the illegal harvesting of trees, including in their park systems. But suddenly they give a sheet about how many Asian aros are left in their native waters?
Singapore or Indo you talking about?

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Any long term breeding program will add wild DNA on occasion...Granted they arent the fish being exported.

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
Again wow, only a minor thing? So potentially destroying native ecosystems is only minor...sorry I don't see that as minor.

I'm not saying go after someone that made an honest mistake, that's ridiculous. People that intentionally do it is another thing. Sorry, one person's livelihood is nowhere near important as an entire ecosystem. God, you could also say, don't stop the drug dealer, that's someone's livelihood.

"drops mic and walks away" ;):p
Our ecosystems here In Aus have already been destroyed by cane toads, mice, rats, rabbits, Asian bees, carp, Redfin, trout, mosquito fish, platys, mollies, brasiliensis, jack dempseys & probably heaps of species I don't even know about. Honestly can it get any worse? IMO it can't. Not to mention the Great Barrier Reef bleaching. Love how passionate you are Jmf but I've already given up mate. Considering koi carp and goldfish are still being sold in they're millions here. And this is coming from someone who loves they're native Aussie icons more than most.

image.jpg

Reactions: J. H.

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
View attachment 1265111
Again wow, only a minor thing? So potentially destroying native ecosystems is only minor...sorry I don't see that as minor.

I'm not saying go after someone that made an honest mistake, that's ridiculous. People that intentionally do it is another thing. Sorry, one person's livelihood is nowhere near important as an entire ecosystem. God, you could also say, don't stop the drug dealer, that's someone's livelihood.

"drops mic and walks away" ;):p
Our ecosystems here In Aus have already been destroyed by cane toads, mice, rats, rabbits, Asian bees, carp, Redfin, trout, mosquito fish, platys, mollies, brasiliensis, jack dempseys & probably heaps of species I don't even know about. Honestly can it get any worse? IMO it can't. Not to mention the Great Barrier Reef bleaching. Love how passionate you are Jmf but I've already given up mate. Considering koi carp and goldfish are still being sold in they're millions here. And this is coming from someone who loves they're native Aussie icons more than most.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
View attachment 1265111
all you need is 1 fish to clear out the above invasive mammals and fishes...... that fish is known as snakehead.. lol

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
Forgot to mention tilapia as well which is probably the worst invasive cichlid here in the north of the country

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Forgot to mention tilapia as well which is probably the worst invasive cichlid here in the north of the country
Unlike carp(though some people actually do eat them) at least tilapia is a fairly good fish for eating.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Unlike carp(though some people actually do eat them) at least tilapia is a fairly good fish for eating.
Which is the source of their introduction I believe. Have em here too messing with the local ones

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Which is the source of their introduction I believe. Have em here too messing with the local ones
Cath em and give them to the poor.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Cath em and give them to the poor.
Not a bad idea. Unfortunately government plans don't often go far after suggestion.

Sounds good but likely won't work

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store