Udon, Soba, and the Noodles

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I couldn't agree more, wish I did it when I bought my house. I just ended up taking out another loan a couple of days ago for repairs/200+ gallon fish tank :)

Seriously it's a good idea
I made that mistake with our 1st home. I was telling this exact thing to a budy recently. I would say even 10k or 20k. When you break these ammounts of money down over 30 years at a fixed rate it comes down to peanuts per month.

Im regretting not "over borrowing" more with our mew house. I would tell anyone that buying a home to borrow extra even if it ismt needed. Throw the money in cd or something....its a hell of allot easier having 5 to 20k stashef away than going for a refinance or some other type of loan

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
So how do you even do that?

This will be our first house so I'm clueless.

"Yeah, we'd like to buy a house. And will you throw some extra in there for a fish tank please?"

Reactions: clm08k

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014

"Yeah, we'd like to buy a house. And will you throw some extra in there for a fish tank please?"
Lmaooo get one for me too while your at it.
Just an example :

You find a house say its selling for 100k and you have a 20k deposit. You'll be borrowing 80k to pay off the home owner.

Instead of 80k you would borrow 85, 90, or what ever you want.

You can call any bank right now and ask for a quote on a given mortgage. Its actually something you should do ahead of time just so you know what you guys can afford monthly (mortgage) so you know what price house you can and cant look at.

Say you know that (just an example) borrowing 300k depending on what you put down will cost you 1700 a month (have to also figure in taxes and homeowners insurance) then find out what 310k will cost it may only add up to 70$ more a month (1770)

Also just some advise... banks like to see atleast 20% as a down payment or they hit you with PMI which is an additional cost..i would never pay pmi its sort of like an insurance the bank makes u pay for in the event you can't afford to pay your mortgage...total shame so stay in your price range....dont get in over your head

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I understand that part, I just didn't know you could ask for more than the house was worth -down payment unless it was built into it like for fixing up the house a bit.... which we had thought of doing, since they have these cheap programs to do that.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I understand that part, I just didn't know you could ask for more than the house was worth -down payment unless it was built into it like for fixing up the house a bit.... which we had thought of doing, since they have these cheap programs to do that.
Yup you can. Depending on the lender they may ask why but i cant see them even caring since they are aproving you meaning they feel your credit score + income + down payment means they feel you can safely pay the monthly note. Im sure if you were borrow the max limit they were willing to give you adding 5k would be an issue but you'll fi d that out once tou start the pre approval process

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Well since its a new house just make sure the one you get has the space! " hmm nope looks like this ones not going to work no where to put my 3,000,000,000 gallon poly tank" :eek:;)
have to maximize the surface area of the house for tanks.....obviously ;)

Last edited:

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016

lol. I'm right there with you. I wonder if taking out/paying back school loans is similar to the house loans thing? All sounds very complicated.

Lmaooo get one for me too while your at it.
Just an example :

You find a house say its selling for 100k and you have a 20k deposit. You'll be borrowing 80k to pay off the home owner.

Instead of 80k you would borrow 85, 90, or what ever you want.

You can call any bank right now and ask for a quote on a given mortgage. Its actually something you should do ahead of time just so you know what you guys can afford monthly (mortgage) so you know what price house you can and cant look at.

Say you know that (just an example) borrowing 300k depending on what you put down will cost you 1700 a month (have to also figure in taxes and homeowners insurance) then find out what 310k will cost it may only add up to 70$ more a month (1770)

Also just some advise... banks like to see atleast 20% as a down payment or they hit you with PMI which is an additional cost..i would never pay pmi its sort of like an insurance the bank makes u pay for in the event you can't afford to pay your mortgage...total shame so stay in your price range....dont get in over your head
Meanwhile, Frank is giving a master class on loans. This all sounds very complicated.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
lol. I'm right there with you. I wonder if taking out/paying back school loans is similar to the house loans thing? All sounds very complicated.

Meanwhile, Frank is giving a master class on loans. This all sounds very complicated.
Lol its something that i was told to do wirh my 1st house and didnt...live and learn

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Just a random video of everyone since I've been slacking. Udon doesn't make a swimming appearance but you can sort of see her at the back of one shot when I zoom in. ;) She's not a big swimmer.

Note that as I am filming the polys I look over and Meatball puffer fish is in my face. LOL

Ziti the Teug hasn't slowed down on growth.... still at an inch a month. Now 9 inches.

And I'm dreaming of my upgrade... Feel free to give some fun input for me to research and make lists while I bide time. :)
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/upgrade-planning-fun-stock-options.692232/

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Love this tank, one of the many tanks on MFK that make me go green with envy. :D

Reactions: clm08k and magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store