Newly Bought Flowerhorn Baby

Deshan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2018
I'm a newbie to Flowerhorns. This is my one. He is just 55 days & 3 inches long. (head to tail). However still i cant identify is he's a original flowerhorn or a trimac cichlid. So help me to identify my fish. And anyone can guess what what is the quality grade of him.
xvz.jpg xx.jpg

Reactions: justarn

LouhanKp

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2017
Short body red dragon.Not a trimac for sure.His hump is nice for his size.Cool fish overall

Reactions: Deshan

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
Those yellow eyes lead me to think it can be a number of mixes...kamfa and possibly Texas. Love the short square body.

Deshan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2018
Those yellow eyes lead me to think it can be a number of mixes...kamfa and possibly Texas. Love the short square body.
Thanks for the response :) Did you mean mixes of flowerhorn types or mixes of different type Cichlids?

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
Thanks for the response :) Did you mean mixes of flowerhorn types or mixes of different type Cichlids?
Your FH is likely a combination of what I mentioned above. Other cichlids can be used to cross with existing FHs....carpintis, amphilophus and Vieja are very common.

Dainbramage

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2015
Fine short body! Looks pretty pure to me. . . . .considering they are all cross bred fish. I would own him with pride

Hidan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
Flowerhorn is a species that has been created by mixing various cichlids.
So they are just guessing which cichlids it most resembles.

Looks like a nice fish. Hope you have fun with it as they are usually very interactive and a lot of fun to keep.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store