My flowerhorn won't eat pellets

ny.subway

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2017
Starve him for a day or a day and half the feed him a small pellet. If u can soak the pellet on the juice of the blood worm. Feeding feeders ain't a good idea due to the disease they can pick up from them.

Reactions: GallegosFam361

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Presoak your pellets of choice in the juice of frozen bloodworms. Only feed in AM when the fish is most hungry, and do not offer any other food. Leave the room after you feed, your FH may just be nervous in their new environment. After a week or so (or less) of this your fish will slowly but surely start nibbling on the food. Once it is eating like gangbusters slowly wean off of the presoaked food, over several days, and convert to 100% pellet. I have trained juvenile FH imported from Asia that were raised exclusively on bloodworms, and had 100% success rate. Good luck.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
He spits them out, because you have spoiled him. Just follow the routine I gave you and your problem will be solved.

Justchill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Starve him, offer nothing but his pellet. Give him a few a day, if he refuse take it out. After a week he’ll eventually learn to accept it. Be patient, it’s hard but don’t give in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store