My Other Friend With Scales

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I just deal with it. I try to get him outside onto concrete every now and then with hopes of them dulling down, but its been a fruitless effort so far. I just wear long sleeves when I have him out.
I had an iguana years ago and it had sharp nails also. Get a sheet of 400 grit wet/ dry sandpaper, lay the paper flat and hold the lizard above it. Drag the lizard over the paper backwards and it will try and put its feet down. It takes off just the point of the nail. Cool lizard by the way.[/QUOTE]
Let them roam around more and give him somewhere to dig

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I just deal with it. I try to get him outside onto concrete every now and then with hopes of them dulling down, but its been a fruitless effort so far. I just wear long sleeves when I have him out.
I had an iguana years ago and it had sharp nails also. Get a sheet of 400 grit wet/ dry sandpaper, lay the paper flat and hold the lizard above it. Drag the lizard over the paper backwards and it will try and put its feet down. It takes off just the point of the nail. Cool lizard by the way.[/QUOTE]

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I had an iguana years ago and it had sharp nails also. Get a sheet of 400 grit wet/ dry sandpaper, lay the paper flat and hold the lizard above it. Drag the lizard over the paper backwards and it will try and put its feet down. It takes off just the point of the nail. Cool lizard by the way.
Let them roam around more and give him somewhere to dig[/QUOTE]

I’ve since taken a more proactive approach. I use a dremel and file his nails down. Works like a charm and no more Freddy Krueger arms LOL

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I’ve since taken a more proactive approach. I use a dremel and file his nails down. Works like a charm and no more Freddy Krueger arms LOL[/QUOTE]
How does he respond to that?

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Deadliestviper7 Deadliestviper7 he’s pretty calm. I normally let him soak in my tub for a while beforehand and he’s pretty mellow. He gets more upset that he has to be restrained than the actual nail cutting.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store